Bug? PATHS dialog hides OK/Cancel buttons

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my case, windows 11, ultrawide monitor, from the IDE > tools > configure paths. you can see all the boxes except the OK and cancel buttons. this means you change paths, and intuitivly press the X as no other option seems visible!

after trying to change java versions for 5 attempts i realised it was not saving the settings. dragging the dialog bigger shows the cancel / ok buttons.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-28 23.02.24.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-28 23.02.24.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 86

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my case, windows 11, ultrawide monitor, from the IDE > tools > configure paths. you can see all the boxes except the OK and cancel buttons. this means you change paths, and intuitivly press the X as no other option seems visible!

after trying to change java versions for 5 attempts i realised it was not saving the settings. dragging the dialog bigger shows the cancel / ok buttons.
I think Java has nothing to do with it, the IDE should have been developed with .Net (C #? VB Net? I don't remember).

Now that you've enlarged that dialog, when you reopen it it should have kept the dimensions, saved as settings.

Of course this works on my very old Windows 7; for you rich people who have Windows 11 (and super monitor too) it is right that it does not work 😄

Paths.gif

Last edited:

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
...for you rich people who have Windows 11 (and super monitor too) it is right that it does not work 😄

Oh yes it does :p

aidymp

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think Java has nothing to do with it, the IDE should have been developed with .Net (C #? VB Net? I don't remember).

Now that you've enlarged that dialog, when you reopen it it should have kept the dimensions, saved as settings.

Of course this works on my very old Windows 7; for you rich people who have Windows 11 (and super monitor too) it is right that it does not work 😄

View attachment 127177
yes once enlarged it stays large, but what about the new users who can't see it and just think b4x is broken