Android Question pdf

Convins

Licensed User
Longtime User
How to display a pdf document stored in the internal files directory (File.DirAssets)?

Convins

Licensed User
Longtime User
hello, thank you for answering
I'm new here, working with b4a since a few days, so please accept at this time I need more detailed information. Also I found the documentation of b4a is pretty poor. How they want to get a bigger market with this more or less undocumented product?

I certainly looked at the pdf examples here, none is really working, libraries are missing etc. For beginners a real functioning example would be a great help.Do you know any working example? I appreciat your answer.

Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I found the documentation of b4a is pretty poor. How they want to get a bigger market with this more or less undocumented product?
There's plenty of documentation, on the top of the screen or in my signature, you will find links to documentation, not to mention again, posts on the forums, granted, some of the documentation for 3rd party libraries might be a little lacking but that's the responsibility of the library's author.

If you just want to open a PDF you could use an intent, but the PDF should be copied to the external storage and of course the device needs to have a PDF app installed.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With Android 5.x (Lollipop) you can use the pdfRenderer-library.
Sadfully i actually dont know any working library for Android <5

Upvote 0