Share My Creation Pen&Paper: PWCT for Basic ABMaterial WebApps

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Download MyMaterialShow

On the custom chart control, added functionality to rotate the labels and color color a single series to different colors. ABMShared was updated to have some color constants...

B4X:
Sub ABMColorMapInitialize()
    ColorMap.Initialize
    ColorMap.put("red", "#f44336")
    ColorMap.put("pink", "#e91e63")
    ColorMap.put("purple", "#9c27b0")
    ColorMap.put("deep-purple", "#673ab7")
    ColorMap.put("indigo", "#3f51b5")
    ColorMap.put("blue", "#2196f3")
    ColorMap.put("teal", "#009688")
    ColorMap.put("light-blue", "#03a9f4")
    ColorMap.put("cyan", "#00bcd4")
    ColorMap.put("green", "#4caf50")
    ColorMap.put("light-green", "#8bc34a")
    ColorMap.put("lime", "#cddc39")
    ColorMap.put("yellow", "#ffeb3b")
    ColorMap.put("amber", "#ffc107")
    ColorMap.put("orange", "#ff9800")
    ColorMap.put("deep-orange", "#ff5722")
    ColorMap.put("brown", "#795548")
    ColorMap.put("grey", "#9e9e9e")
    ColorMap.put("blue-grey", "#607d8b")
    ColorMap.put("black", "#000000")
    ColorMap.put("white", "#ffffff")
    ColorMap.Put("aqua", "#00ffff")
    ColorMap.Put("fuchsia", "#ff00ff")
    ColorMap.Put("green", "#008000")
    ColorMap.Put("maroon","#800000")
    ColorMap.put("navy", "#000080")
    ColorMap.put("olive", "#808000")
    ColorMap.Put("silver", "#c0c0c0")
    ColorMap.Put("aquamarine", "#7fffd4")
    ColorMap.Put("blueviolet", "#8a2be2")
    ColorMap.Put("burlywood", "#deb887")
    ColorMap.Put("cadetblue","#5f9ea0")
    ColorMap.Put("chartreuse", "#7fff00")
    ColorMap.Put("chocolate", "#d2691e")
    ColorMap.Put("coral","#ff7f50")
    ColorMap.Put("cornflowerblue","#6495ed")
    ColorMap.Put("forestgreen","#228b22")
    ColorMap.put("gold","#ffd700")
    ColorMap.Put("goldenrod","#daa520")
    ColorMap.Put("khaki","#f0e68c")
    ColorMap.Put("lavendar", "#e6e6fa")
    ColorMap.Put("lightcoral","#f08080")
    ColorMap.put("lightseagreen","#20b2aa")
    ColorMap.put("rosybrown","#bc8f8f")
    ColorMap.Put("steelblue","#4682b4")
    ColorMap.Put("yellowgreen","#9acd32")

An example chart with labels rotated 90 degrees with different colors in a single series.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To avoid any confusion with ABMaterial and have its own identity, MyMaterial.Show has now been renamed to Pen&Paper. Pen&Paper is not affiliated nor is supported by ABMaterial (see disclaimer above) and will continue to be a code generator for ABMaterial components and simple basic webapps. I will however continue sharing my experiences using the ABMaterial framework based on what I build around Pen&Paper and the various component plugins I have found useful.

Enjoy

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User

Indoda yami ubatshele - It's a South African thing !!

Molchyn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately, when I start to creating a new project for a few seconds crash.
The previous version creates a new project, but if I try to open in new version it's crash too ..

Molchyn

Licensed User
Longtime User
you need ABMaterial 3.50
OK,I have 3.50 installed but same result crash..
BR
B4X:
c:\work\B4J Samples\2017\mymaterial.show - create abmaterial apps>java -jar
PenNPaper.jar
Class not found: b4j.Mashy.ETV.editabletv, trying: b4j.Mashy.PenNPaper.editablet
v
SQLiteResetCounter: (SQLException) java.sql.SQLException: [SQLITE_ERROR] SQL err
or or missing database (no such column: id)
modabmaterial._preparedatabase (java line: 41636)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\Val work\B4J Samples\2017\mymaterial.show - cr
eate abmaterial apps\ThemeDefinitions.json (The system cannot find the file spec
ified)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.streams.File.OpenInput(File.java:225)
        at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.streams.File.ReadString(File.java:279)
        at b4j.Mashy.PenNPaper.modabmaterial._preparedatabase(modabmaterial.java
:41636)
        at b4j.Mashy.PenNPaper.main._project_open(main.java:38347)
        at b4j.Mashy.PenNPaper.main._getfile(main.java:28218)
        at b4j.Mashy.PenNPaper.main._mnufilenew_action(main.java:35159)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:90)
        at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA$1.run(BA.java:215)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.
java:295)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformI
mpl.java:294)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatch
er.java:95)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.ja
va:191)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

OK I found Solution just unpack from jar file ThemeDefinitions.json file in main directory

next step add manually in created project sourcefile from
Code Beautifier/Formatter

Last edited:

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The bug with the crash has been fixed and a new download is available at the same location. Ta!

Molchyn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very good!
Just few remarks
Net library need to change jNet

ABMShared
MyTheme.DateTimePicker("dp").zdepth = ABM.ZDEPTH_DEFAULT Unknoun member: zdepth
need change to InputZDepth ?
Dim clsCM As clsCodeModule Unknoun type clsCodeModule Are you missing library refrence?
clsCM Undeclared variable 'clsCM' is used befor it was assigned any value

frmImport
page.ShowToast("toast" & myToastId, "toastgreen", "Procurement Plan data imported successfully!", 3000) Missing parameter
page.ShowToast("toast" & myToastId, "toastred", "The Procurement Plan could not be read, please correct this!", 3000) Missing parameter
page.ShowToast("toast" & myToastId, "toastred", "The Procurement Plan should be selected first!", 3000) Missing parameter
mstblImportClear Undeclared variable 'mstblImportClear' is used befor it was assigned any value
ProcessSummaryWorkSheet Undeclared variable 'ProcessSummaryWorkSheet' is used befor it was assigned any value

BR

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this...
1. I will change to the JNet Library...
2. Yes that should be inputZDepth, will fix that
3. clsCodeModule error, this is very odd.

frmImport - I'm assuming you are using ABMaterial 3.5, try and recompile the whole project for your code to be compatible and also do Project > Upgrade for it. If you are using an example from these threads, I have not recompiled the examples to 3.5.

This has been valuable input, ta!

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm currently in a process of updating my projects to use ABMaterial 3.75. This is a good update I have been waiting for patiently especially the DatePicker control "clearing" feature. Thanks a million for that.

Pen & Paper might come to end of life as soon as the new ABMaterial IDE from its creator comes into fore. I cant wait for that!!! It's going to be an exciting world. I want to learn how to develop IDEs too. I just need to find the right direction though . I just have a lot on my mind.

I took this path because I wanted to prove to myself I could do this and also meet a deadline and ABMaterial seemed the way to go. It has been worth the ride. Above everything else, its such a nice drive when you see your WebApp stable and being used. I have learned a lot about this framework, remember the Grid!!! It's so funny that after it got explained in an easy fashion it became all so clear. Then the Grid Designer came, that was wonderful. It's such a good thing to have the positive spirit behind ABMaterial's creator. Viva!!!

During the next couple of days (when I have time) I will be show casing some snippets on how to create basic crud WebApps with Pen & Paper after the introductory, Hello World example. I have had some delays on some of my releases due to some of the issues that I'm so happy to be addressed by now, but then again, in an imperfect world, the time factor plays a big role.

So far, these are the updates that I decided to look upon and either revamp and or create.

1. ABMButton - added the additional properties for padding and dropdown.
2. ABMAnimation - added code generator. (this would be nice on the Modal Sheets / Pages)
3. ABMAudioPlayer - this has been revamped and also adds songs addition. (Check ABMaterial code to load lyrics)
4. ABMAudioPlayerSong - added code generator.
5. ABMBadge - added code generator.
6. ABMCalendarEvent - this has been revamped.
7. ABMCanvas - added code generator (I still need to explore this myself around a WebApp)
8. ABMCanvasObject - added code generator (I still need to explorer this myself around a WebApp)
9. ABMCard - added missing properties and functionality to add action items.
10. ABMActionButton - added functionality to add MenuButtons in designer.

This after all, is just code generation nothing fancy.

One can copy generated source code to the clipboard for later pasting...

Revamped ABMCard to include the "Actions" - any number of actions can be added...

Canvas...

Calendar Event

Badge

Attachments

• ABMActionButtonItems.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 315
  • ABMCanvas.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 327

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What's Coming...

Ensuring that Pen&Paper runs smoothly with each ABMaterial update, I need to have my ducks in a row and know up to the littlest details what has changed etc, thus I needed a smooth way of doing that...

1. Be able to compare previous and current versions of ABMaterial framework and provide each detail. This does a detailed comparison based on the library XML files.

2. This compared content is drawn as a dashboard.

3. Later a script to generate a Pocket Reference in PDF is generated for Help n Doc compilation. This is an automated process.

4. The Pocket Reference generated by the script...

See this article about the dashboard and link to download your own 225 paged PDF ABMaterial Pocket Reference.

Attachments

• Dashboard2.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 293

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Note that there is no release date yet (is not even in the immidiate planning stage: this lib has so much properties to take care of...) and there is so much more important stuff to do on the lib. The gridbuilder is a great start to design your layout. And once one knows ABMaterial, it is actually not that hard to make apps in code (+ you have much more control over it, e.g. conditional building your layout, something a designer will never be able to do).

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…