Games Platformer game

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'd like to share with you some progress I've made. I don't have all the time I'd like but... it's something!

I've added a lot of stuff: coins, more traps and artifacts, effects, more animations... the video is from one of the last levels (it's a really hard one!)
I'm using again a 3 star based levels, I think it's important because a lot of players like to reach the 3 stars and play the levels again and again until they get them. The idea is: one star by finishing the level, another one if you get all the coins and another if you do the level on time (of course you don't die if the timer reaches zero). I'm thinking about removing the time star and add a secret zone in each level, and if you get the secret item you ge another star. Not really sure about this, and I'd have to change all levels I've allready made... What do you think?
I'm allready adding sounds and music, I guess I could have a playable beta in one month...
PS: I don't know why but the video hangs between 1:00 and 1:15 :(

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've stopped the development to finish the UFO game first
Hopefully I'll release the UFO game before the weekend (42 levels, 2 worlds and a lot of upgrades!, try the release candidate HERE or wait to the oficial release)
Once I release the UFO game I'll continue with this one, and maybe I can launch a beta next week (I have a lot of new ideas to implement, but maybe for a second world, after the beta...)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The ufo game looks awesome. i just tried it and really like it. you are making really high quality games. keep the great job :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I must say that box2d is really amazing. you can do such great stuff.

I have just implemented new enemies that follows the player. (ghosts) looks really cool.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The ufo game is really hard :D

If i can suggest you 1 thing. it looks like you are drawing the smoke (when ufo is bad demaged) after drawing the ufo. i think it would look better drawing the smoke behind the ufo because the smoke covers the whole ufo.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, as promised I have something for you...
Screenshot_2016-12-05-22-28-37.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninjagames.platformer
It's only a beta (or I'd say an alpha?), so there may be errors, graphical glitches...
Just play it and tell me what you think about it. There is still a lot of work to do...

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
very nice @melonZgz
i like it a lot. (more then mine :))

i see that your character is not a square. i fall down when player is on the corner.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
interesting. it make sense to make the player with round edges.
i guess when you say a rectangle with round edges it means a polygon shape with 4 circles in the edges, right?
is there a simpler way to set radius to a rectangles?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
btw. everything works great on your game. i am already on level 10.
i think level 10 is very hard compared to the other levels.

it did not took me much to get to level 10 (maybe 15min or so)
but the game is very nice and fun to play.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, I think levels 1-8 are quite easy. But from level 9 things gets harder... and level 12 (last level) is very very hard ;)
Now I'm working on new tilesets for new episodes: a cave level, an egyptian tomb...
your game reminds me on meganoid 2. do you know this game?
i like it very much.
Yeah, of course. It's been an inspiration to make this one. I love-hate that game. I think it's great but it's terribly difficult.
And another very good platformer game for android I've been playing is Super Dangerous Dungeons.

Last edited:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Now I'm working on new tilesets for new episodes: a cave level, an egyptian tomb...

i will finish today or tomorrow stage2 on my platform game but i will not continue stage 3 at this moment.
i have very hard and big levels so i think 24 is enough for the beginning. if the game will get popular i will finish stage 3.

it takes a lot time and i want to work on new projects. i have added a lot new very nice enemies and improved a lot the code and also improved older levels.
i think the game is very nice now. 24 amazing levels 2 boss fights > 20 different enemies (shooter, runner, ghosts,...)

this should be enough for the first version. i need to mention that the install rate very dis motivate me on continue this game
1-2 installs/ day :(:(:(

i worked really hard on this game (day and night) i think it deserve more then that.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
this should be enough for the first version. i need to mention that the install rate very dis motivate me on continue this game
1-2 installs/ day :(:(:(

i worked really hard on this game (day and night) i think it deserve more then that.

Making a good game is one thing, but gettin some success in the (so populated) store is another story.
I see a lot of very good games with only 10K installs and other crappy games and clones with more than 1M! It's not fair for indie devs, as there is a "lucky" factor there.
Publish your game in other stores, opera store should give you some installs during first month (yesterday I had 150 installs for my UFO game!), Now I'm going to try slideme and others
Make some campaign, maybe an incentivated one can give you a boost and you can get featured in some top new charts in some country in the first month, wich will give you organic installs.
Use a review exchange service to get some reviews. Reviewsmotion isn't working well for me these days, I've tried moreappsreview and this one is working a lot better (BTW, if you want to register you can use my referal )
I think your game is good (very good), and soon or later it will grow

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thank you very much for your advice @melonZgz i will try your suggestions. i already invest 150$ on facebook and adwords campaigns but only get few installs and almost all have already uninstall. :(