Games Platformer game

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
maybe the people think it's the same game as that html5 runner one that uses the same gfx and ignore it?

totally different game play tho.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
who's saying about copying games? I just wrote yours it totally different gameplay wise.

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've played two days ago; I've to replay to send my opinions (I don't remember ..) Overall opinion was very positive ;-)

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've played two days ago; I've to replay to send my opinions (I don't remember ..) Overall opinion was very positive ;-)
Great!
Screenshot_2016-12-07-19-36-39.png

BTW, just testing new tiles for a new episode, still have to work on them, but you get the idea...

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
very nice @melonZgz
are you doing the assets by your self?
Almost all the graphics for this game and for the UFO are based on assets from opengameart. I "just" modify them until I feel they match together. I know how to use graphic tools, but I'm not a designer, so I don't feel like creating art from scratch, I'm not good at it.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Almost all the graphics for this game and for the UFO are based on assets from opengameart. I "just" modify them until I feel they match together. I know how to use graphic tools, but I'm not a designer, so I don't feel like creating art from scratch, I'm not good at it.

i think you modify them very well and you make them very unique so in my eyes you are a very good designer.
it is not simple to make opengameart assets unique.

very nice assets, i like them.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
btw i purchase a lot assets in graphicriver.com i have another nice platform assets that i will use in the future. now i would like to make my first multiplayer game (over the net). i will start with a simple game and build an multiplayer lib so i can use it in more complex box2d games.
i think multiplayer games are very popular even if the graphics sucks people like to compete with others.

i have a very nice idea for a multiplayer game and i think it may become very popular even if the idea is not unique and not such a hard game to do but the multiplayer part may make it a hit.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
btw i purchase a lot assets in graphicriver.com i have another nice platform assets that i will use in the future. now i would like to make my first multiplayer game (over the net). i will start with a simple game and build an multiplayer lib so i can use it in more complex box2d games.
i think multiplayer games are very popular even if the graphics sucks people like to compete with others.

i have a very nice idea for a multiplayer game and i think it may become very popular even if the idea is not unique and not such a hard game to do but the multiplayer part may make it a hit.
Multiplayer is a very good idea for a game, as you say you compete against another player. I like it, but not sure about implementing it, looks too dificult to me... maybe turn based would be easier (like a pool game) than real time.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Multiplayer is a very good idea for a game, as you say you compete against another player. I like it, but not sure about implementing it, looks too dificult to me... maybe turn based would be easier (like a pool game) than real time.

yes the first game i will make will be "turn based". it will be something simple. but then i would like to make a multiplayer game something like "slither.io"
i will need to learn about websockets and server. but i think those game even if the game it self is simple are very popular.

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand how this game could be a turn-based game. Do the players compete one against the other at the same time? (in this case, I don't understand where are the "turns" and what each player does). Do they play the same levels, one after the other? What happens when a player fails to pass a level? Do they only compete for the best score? (in this case, a simple leaderboard is enough).
The technical difficulty is not always higher for a real-time MP game. It depends strongly on what you want to do.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't understand how this game could be a turn-based game. Do the players compete one against the other at the same time? (in this case, I don't understand where are the "turns" and what each player does). Do they play the same levels, one after the other? What happens when a player fails to pass a level? Do they only compete for the best score? (in this case, a simple leaderboard is enough).
The technical difficulty is not always higher for a real-time MP game. It depends strongly on what you want to do.

We went out of topic. The multiplayer talk was not about this game. I just shared ideas with @melonZgz about making multiplayer games because they are very popular.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So the first one i will make will be a turn based multiplayer game. a real-time multiplayer game is a very complicated task :)