Android Question Please configure paths

KPmaster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
recently I've updated my version to the latest 3.82, and now trying to compile my project the Compile window says "Please configure paths".

The log is:
B4X:
Parsing code.                          0.13
Compiling code.                        0.19

ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code.                0.02
Generating R file.                      0.48
Compiling generated Java code.          2.76
Convert byte code - optimized dex.      3.09
Packaging files.                        0.27
Copying libraries resources            0.00
Signing package file (debug key).      0.72
ZipAlign file.                          Error
Cannot find:
Please configure paths (Tools - Configure Paths).

I've already checked each path and they are well configured.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you need to copy the zipalign to the right path. it's moved or removed by updates to the sdk

Upvote 0

KPmaster

Licensed User
Longtime User
My path is different (C:\Users\kpmaster\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\tools\), but anyway you are right, the zipalign.exe has disappeared from there. Probably some andoird-sdk update has removed the files because i did not found it.
Thanks for the file, after place it in the tools folder the compile works well.

Upvote 0

James Chamblin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I recently updated Android SDK and zipalign is located in install_path\android-sdk\build-tools\19.1.0. It works fine with B4A 3.82, but it may be because I changed the path to the Android-L version of android.jar. Maybe B4A is set to use the new path when you use the Android-L version of android.jar, and the old path when using another one?

Upvote 0

KPmaster

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know what to say. Recently I've updated to my android-sdk, but not downloading the L version. On my pc now I have versions 8, 10, 14, 16, and 19. I suppose I have to change the path of android.jar basing on where I want my apps should be used.
By the way, the zipalign.exe was disappeared from my pc, but now that sorex gave me the file, I'm able again to compile my projects.

Upvote 0