Wish Portable version of B4A

Spright

This must mean that you could move the android and java folders from the install procedure and put them inside the actual app folder before zipping and moving them. You would need tell the IDE to point to them again but there is no problem doing this right? The updates would still work correctly inside B4a?

Spright

Well inside the B4A IDE menus you've got "SDK Manager", and that's where you update android whenever you need to, if I understood things correctly. So I was wondering will there be any problems moving the java and android. I'm not sure what menu updates the JAVA folder maybe that one is always manually updated.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unless you have a special need and understand why you should never use SDK Manager as it tells you on the B4A products page installation instructions. You can cause a lot of grief if you blindly update it. Generally you should just use, and only need, the SDK linked to on the B4A product page instructions If you did need to run it then SDK Manager needs to know the path to C:\<YourAndroidSDK>\tools\bin\sdkmanager.bat which you set at the top of the SDK Manager window.

Unless you are using Oracle Java 8 you always update OpenJDK 11 yourself. You can copy Java 8 into your portable installation but it won't get updated - but you probably wouldn't need to anyway.

Spright

Okay, I saw a few posts about updates here and there so I wanted to be ready if JAVA needs change. Okay but it sounds like it's allright to package everything and set the path whenever younpack it onto a new computer (in case the paths are absolute and not relative)
Thanks!