B4J Question Positioning of buttons when loading form

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am currently porting a B4A app over to B4J and have found the 'Bal2Bjl' tool that has come in quite handy. There seems to be an oddity though when porting the bal to bjl, in that when I run the app and the code runs to re-position buttons at run time, the code doesn't seem to work. What I did then was to copy the ported bjl in the designer to a new duplicate screen, and when I run that duplicate screen it seems to then work (Generally).

I have however found another oddity on that when I open one of the screens, the button doesn't re-position upon load. If I close the form though and open the same screen again then the button does move into position. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this behavior?

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you post a small project with the bjl file showing the problem.
Do you use anchors?
Did you check Handle Resize for Main in the Designer?

upload_2017-11-6_19-19-19.png

You may have a look at the example programs in the B4J Beginner's Guide.

Upvote 0

dieterp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Klaus

I'll see if I can make a reduced test case of the screen to post. Let me also just have a look at the Beginner's guide though to see if there is something I've missed

EDIT: After reading through the beginners guide I have managed to get this to work by adding the frm_Resize sub on the form load

Last edited:
Upvote 0