B4J Question Prerequisite of HTML files to create a Webapp using B4J Websocket

Anser

Licensed User
Longtime User
I want to try my hands on creating WebApps using B4J via Websocket

There are options to buy beautiful Web themes and templates from the Web. Can someone give me some idea on what kind of HTML template files should we look for to develop a Webapp in B4J via WebSocket?

Is there anything that we should manually add to these HTML files to work with B4J?

Any help will be appreciated.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You have options, you can build from scratch or use something already existing.

We are excited and enjoying BANananoVuetifyAD3 which is a complete system that you can use based on Vuetify following the Material Design Specs. You use the abstract designer to create your UI or just HTML code blocks.

This is an example of a BANanoServer (Websocket) CRUD jRDC2 Contact Manager we did with BANanoVuetifyAD3.

There is also 2 kitchen sinks, one using BANanoServer i.e. websockets and another simple one for those who prefer PHP etc.
Here is the BANanoServer Kitchen Sink:https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...awesome-kitchen-sink-ui-phase.132141/#content

If you want to start from scratch, there are a lot of tutorial here. i've found Aeric implementations very simple for my 5 year old mind. He has just created an awesome Web API Template, that will prove very useful for learning how he used Bootstrap etc. Also getting yourself some source code from the b4xcode team can help your learning a great deal.

And off course there is always an option to use The Beast! ABMaterial.

I don't think its necessary an issue of templates only, you need to choose a web framework that will work for you, whether its bootstrap or material design or whatever tickles your fancy and then be able to feed the HTML to build your UI you need. Understand how web sockets work and how to build your UI at runtime, this is based on examples you will find here.

This is what I would do if I was you.

Learning

Web App Overview
Creating a ChatRoom
Hello World

Erel has done a lot of examples in the forum about WebApps, just search anything with WebApp

I would get one of the software from the B4xcode guys, then I would really learn what Aeric has done on the Web Api Template.

Development Framework.

ABMaterial - based on Materialize
BANAno - create your own HTML framework
BANanoVuetifyAD3 - based on Vuetify using Abstract Designer & LiveCodeSwapping

Final Choice

Because I'm me, I would choose BANAnoVuetifyAD3. ;)

But...

If you want to create from scratch using your own web templates and HTML, javascript etc, just learn from others how it has been done. The nice thing about BANano is that you can just import any javascript, html file and use it on the go, even already existing templates. Check this out: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...e-wysiwyg-web-builder-with-b4j-banano.115269/

Hopes it helps with your navigation...

Upvote 1

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
These are some examples of BANAno projects created with pre-defined templates. If you go to B4J Share my creations and filter by ..

1631613670214.png

You will find projects prefixed with BANano. These are...

1631613567592.png

1631613625838.png

And are all created with pre-defined templates. These can be easily adopted to work with websockets.

Ta!

Upvote 0