Wish private class methods

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
if u write a object name with a dot all public methods shown in a pop up.
would be also nice if developers see private methods there too (maybe in grey or group by public,private)
and if they click them it navigates to the source of the class.
reason is that people missing her subs in the popup list if they declared it "private" in the class file by mistake.

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
improve the usability is not wrong.
believe me, u are 10x faster it u not stumble at things like this.
it happens also that u need make a private sub into public.

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
but if the developer write name.a , its filtered by letter a, why not show this sub as private instead of nothing?
sort by public then private. it not meant that its filled after dot after a click in this list.
the issue was the developer did not now why its invisible there because he have not his class in front.
and in his class he saw his sub and overlooked the "private" word.

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
it can be optional and on by default for beginners. there is a lot of space on the screen. maybe right beside the pop up.

how about a help/hint icon there, i think it will not bother?
"if your Sub not appear here then its maybe declared private and not public in the class or module"

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
i think u misunderstood what i have in mind. u need to change the angle of vision :)
i not need this.
generally:
i see a lot of problems /time killer that happens everyday at developing games or apps at all development environments.
if a problem is solved it not happen again and again. if a problem occur it always waste time.