B4J Question Problem running in debug mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeneBarros

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am having problem running in debug mode.
I get the error message below

An error occurred.
Rapid Debugger failed to connect to process. Please try to run again.
Make sure that no firewall or antivirus block the following ports:8937, 8938, and 59812

I ran the b4j with the -log option and received the "log.txt" attachment.

already I tried disabling the firewall and continue generating the same mistake.

in release mode it works perfectly.

someone help me ???

Attachments

• log.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 270

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have a solution to the problem but would add that I've the same issue on one of my PCs.

My main PC at home works fine, but the one in my work office gives exactly the same problem. It worked fine one day, but simply stopped working in debug with this error the next day.

Like you I disabled the firewall, reinstalled B4J and even JAVA with no effect.

David

Upvote 0

BeneBarros

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have a solution to the problem but would add that I've the same issue on one of my PCs.

My main PC at home works fine, but the one in my work office gives exactly the same problem. It worked fine one day, but simply stopped working in debug with this error the next day.

Like you I disabled the firewall, reinstalled B4J and even JAVA with no effect.

David
the strange thing is that some programs run in debug mode and others generate this message.

Upvote 0

BeneBarros

Licensed User
Longtime User
updated to the new version.
congratulations for the excellent work.

but the problem remains.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0

BeneBarros

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you try to temporary disable the anti virus and firewall?
I tested now with avast and disabled the firewall and the result was the same.

I'll try on another PC I have here.
inform shortly after the result has

Upvote 0

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
Still no luck. Disabled AV and windows firewall. I still get the same error even with Beta7.

Just to re-iterate: it was working fine on this PC one day, when I came to use it again the next then it simply didn't work any more. as far as I'm aware, no updates to anything on the Pc happened in the time between it working and not working, although there was probably an AV update. That would have happened on my hmoe PC as well, but everything still works there.

David

Upvote 0

BeneBarros

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried on another PC but also returned the same error only in debug mode, in release mode works normally ..
The other programs I have work perfectly in all modes.
I will try to dismantle the project step by step, and test at each step.

Upvote 0

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you.

All that we can see from the logs is that the rapid debugger engine failed to connect to the app process. Does it happen with every app you try?

Yes Erel, it happens for every app that I've tested with. As they are all similar GUI-based apps, I can't really see any pattern. I'd expect them all to fail if one does as they share quite a lot of lower-level code and similar libs are enabled.

David

Upvote 0

DarkMann

Licensed User
Longtime User
Having just updated all three systems to Beta #8, the two desktops now both work fine in debug, but the laptop still doesn't work. It is as if it is something to do with signatures on the files that the AV is detecting, but as I'm using different versions of windows, different AV software and it still fails with the AV and Firewalls turned off, I can't explain it.

Now my two desktops are working fine with debug, I'm not too worried about the laptop, but I do hate those unsolved mysteries.

Upvote 0

Tony Daly

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had a similar problem in B4J.

"Rapid Debugger failed to connect to process. Please try to run again.
Make sure that no firewall or antivirus block the following ports:8937, 8938, and 59812"

After looking at the error log messages, which also reported that the classes in the wrapper were of an unsupported version I tracked the problem to the version of JAVA on my PC being older than the one that was used to create the library. Once I updated the JAVA sdk and pointed the path to the new version in B4J all was fine.

This may explain why the problem occurs on some machines and not others.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.