Android Question Problem with B4A-Bridge FTP

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Using B4A-Bridge v2.54 just downloaded from the Play Store.

I eventually got FTP working after failing miserably by searching the forum where I found a screenshot of an older version showing a prompt on the B4A-Bridge screen below the FTP checkbox.

Enter in Widows Explorer
ftp://192.168.1.12:6781

This is missing from this version of B4A-Bridge so I didn't know that a non-standard port number was required. I can now open the internal memory root in File Explorer but I can't see a way to navigate to the external SD card.

I can also now connect using the WinSCP FTP client on the desktop which I normally use in conjunction with the Android app 'primitive ftpd'. When I use use 'primitive ftp' on the device I can navigate to the external SD card but when connected to B4A-Bridge i am unable to navigate there, just like in File Explorer. Is this expected behaviour? It doesn't work on either of the devices I have tried so far.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Enter in Widows Explorer
ftp://192.168.1.12:6781
The standard way to open the remote explorer is:

SS-2018-12-10_09.44.37.png

B4A-Bridge FTP server allows you to access the secondary storage (File.DirRootExternal).

Accessing external storages requires more work: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/90238/#content

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0