B4J Question Problem with BTchat example

stevewidget

Licensed User
Hi,
Ive built an extensive library of components on the arduino ( using Visual Micro in Visual studio ) that all talk to a serial port with a simple protocol of <name>,<value1>,<value2 etc>; all parameters ascii. All of my hardware has been tested using a terminal and works, so all I want to do is assign a button to <name> and a label or text box (dependent on it being read or write) for <value>. to make a user interface, and do whatever processing required for values.
I started evaluating different software solutions several months ago and B4X certainly seems to be the simplest solution for cross platform flexibility. At that time I downloaded the BT chat program and used the B4J to talk to my arduino with no problem.
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/jserial-library.34762/
Today I loaded that same software and I get a "System out Memory exception thrown" when I try to open designer, though the software still runs, but I cannot edit the design file to start trying to implement above. Ive also tried re loading the example to a new location with the same result. I'm guessing that this might be due to an update to Java, though Im sure someone out there knows the real answer. Any help greatly appreciated.
Steve
PS Wasnt quite sure where to post this, the above solution needs to be cross platform .

stevewidget

Licensed User
This means that you are trying to open a FXML layout file with the internal designer. FXML layouts are deprecated and should not be used.
Thanks Erel, knew there must be simple explanation. I did re create example with a few buttons, and am continuing to expand on that.

Upvote 0