Android Question Problem with Cam from Android 11

Hello,

I inherited a program in B4A done by another person that doesn't work here anymore, which performs a task in which it calls an external program (Open Note Scanner) on opening the Cam.
Until Android V10, we had no problems. Upon the Cam call (which I see is cam.ThakePicture(...) where cam is an instance of EZcamera) Android would ask me which App I want to proceed with. That was the perfectly expected behaviour of the program.
As Android V11 was launched, the program no more asks for which cam I want to proceed with, using always the default Phone camera, no matther what Phone I'm using.

Does this ring any bell anyone?

What I have already tried:
1) Looking for configurations within the program. There is only the chance to allow/deny the camera use, but there's nothing about which one will be used.
2) Looking for configurations within the Open Note Scanner app. Same as above.
3) Removing all the programs and starting from scratch, in fear of the phone owner may having possibly selected "open always with" on the default phone camera. No avail.

No matther what I do, on Android V8 (my personal phone) it works smoothly. Android 11 breaks the app.
Any further tests I can do? Solutions or workarounds?
Thank you very much.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Solutions or workarounds?
Contact the Author and tell him to update his app and make it Android 11 compatible as it seems to be not the case.

Upvote 0
Contact the Author and tell him to update his app and make it Android 11 compatible as it seems to be not the case.

Sorry I should have added also that the App (Open Note Scanner) opened "per ser" fully works.
It's just that Android11 doesn't prompt me the chance to pick it when choosing which Cam I need to perform my task.
Problem is that on Android8 I have also different Apps to perform the same task (CamScanner, Tiny Scanner) but it prompts me only the default Cam and "Open Note Scanner" so it would be also helpful to understand such behaviour.

Upvote 0

Hello and thanks for answering.
I can try this but I have 0 experience on B4A so prior to include all of this suddenly in a project I didn't mantain, which is using EZcamera, I would like to understand wheter there are further solutions because this one seems time consuming.

Upvote 0