iOS Question Problem with OTA installation.

PierPaduan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello.

I have added the UDID of two iPhones 6S (one of a colleague and one of a customer) to the development provisioning profile.
Then downloaded it and saved in Keys folder.
Compiled in release mode my app and downloaded last build (ipa file).
Opened OTA deployer and uploaded the ipa.
Success! Copied the link and sent it to colleague and customer via e-mail.

With colleague the installation ended in a success!!!

With the customer not.
He says that if he tap on the link nothing happens.
If he copy the link and paste it and press go in safari, he get a question to open iTunes, he press open then nothing more happens.

Someone had this problem before?
May be some safety setting in the iPhone stops the installation process?

Thanks a Lot for any help.

Grant Fullen

Licensed User
Did the customer ever successfully install any of your apps to their phone at any point? Perhaps have them uninstalling anything if that's the case. Not much help, just taking shots in the dark here haha.

Upvote 0

Grant Fullen

Licensed User
I see you mentioned the customer can actually see it asking to open in iTunes. One thing to double check is the customer's uuid. Re-obtain and re-enter their ID into your provisioning profile.

I usually don't get a confirmation that the app finished installing so also make sure they're not just assuming the app never installed.

Upvote 0

PierPaduan

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that after the ask to open in iTunes, should appear another ask: "www.b4x.com would install...", but this doesn't appear.

If I try to do the same on my iPhone, appears the ask to open in apple store and after I click open, appear the ask:"www.b4x.com would install...".

Upvote 0

Grant Fullen

Licensed User
Oh yea, it definitely asks to install. After that I don't believe it gives you any confirmation that it finished installing. It really should just work if they're getting that far. Are you able to personally witness them installing the app? They should browse all of their screens / app folders to make sure it never installed.

Upvote 0

PierPaduan

Licensed User
Longtime User
The customer doesn't see the ask to install, so I think the installation process never start. I can't witness what he do because I'm in Italy and my customer in Sweden :) and I cannot ask him, for now, to make a video. Anyway tomorrow I will ask him to check if the icon of the app is appeared or not between the apps.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

PierPaduan

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. It is possible that the UDID is not correct. Make sure that it doesn't start with ffffff. If it does then it is a fake UDID.

2. Maybe the long link gets broken along the way. You can create a simple html page with the link and let the customer install it from that page.

Thaks Erel.

The UDID of the customer begins with "bfdd..." and end with "...00b0". It's 40 chars long. I think it's a correct UDID. He obtained it from http://udid.io.

I've created a simple page with a button that brings to the itms link. Sent e-mail with page address to customer and to my iPhone. I've tested and all works. I'm waiting answer from the customer.

Thanks a Lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PierPaduan

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. It is possible that the UDID is not correct. Make sure that it doesn't start with ffffff. If it does then it is a fake UDID.

2. Maybe the long link gets broken along the way. You can create a simple html page with the link and let the customer install it from that page.

Hi. I have the answer from my customer.
He tap on the link to the page I've created and reach the page, but when he tap on the button to begin the OTA download, he obtain the message box you can see in the attached picture below.
And he say: "when I press open in iTunes nothing happens"

The link URL in the button is the following:
itms-services://?action=download-manifest&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.b4x.com%3A51041%2Fota%3Ftype%3Dplist%26guid%3D681658845297232381_8231%26product%3DSET%2BAND%2BGO%2BPRO%26bundle%3Dit.ritmo.setandgo
This is different from what he show in the picture below, because the case of some letters are changed, but on my iphone this works anyway.

Someone has any idea.
Thanks a Lot for any help.

Foto 2017-12-11 10 18 28.png

Upvote 0