Android Question Problem with upload certificate - change keystore file

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Guys
Just picked up and old project (last released in Feb 2018). fixed some warnings (SDK version etc), then recompiled it (using the current keystore) and attempted to release it to the Google Pay as an update.

When I uploaded the apk file I got the following error
------
You uploaded an APK that is not signed with the upload certificate. You must use the same certificate. The upload certificate has fingerprint:SHA1: 61:DF:23:AF:2A:2A:E0:C7:53:1E:48:88:C0:7D:56:70:62:3C:07:FD
and the certificate used to sign the APK that you uploaded has fingerprint:SHA1: 02:FB:F2:C2:0F:52:C7:AC:AD:48:EA:95:BC:AB:9E:08:82:51:84:00
------

This suggests to me that I am using the wrong keystore file.
I believe, back in 2018 another keystore was used - found the file but no-one can remember the password!

Question - Google Pay App Signing has been enabled - is it possible to change to the current Keystore file on an already released App.

Kind regards
Dave Morris

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
From
Once you created a new keystore file, Basic4android will use this key for all your projects.
You should be very careful with this file. If this file gets lost you will not be able to update your applications in the market. You will need to publish updates as new applications.
It is impossible to recreate a lost keystore file.
Therefore it is recommended to backup this file.

However it does look like you can ask Google for help.

Upvote 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI Andrew

Thanks for your input. The link supplied refers to *.jks files generated by Android Studio or CMI.
How do I deal with B4A keystore files?

Kind regards
Dave

Upvote 0