Android Question Problems posting my app to play store

Jeanc161

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just finish compiling and making my app ready on the play store, but now it demand to use the app Bundle anf make some littles changes for the delivery of the app. So i'm stuck i don't know what to do. Does anybody have the same problem lately, cause the ask me to put SDKmax to 28 .

Then when i recompile and post(upload) and verify it give me some errors like
APK non optimisé
Avertissement : (this is in the warning so maybe it's ok)

Cet APK crée du code et des ressources non utilisés qui sont envoyés aux utilisateurs. Vous pourriez réduire la taille de votre application avec le format Android App Bundle. Comme vous n'optimisez pas votre application pour les configurations d'appareil, elle est plus volumineuse que nécessaire pour le téléchargement et l'installation sur les appareils des utilisateurs. Les applications volumineuses ont des taux d'installation inférieurs et prennent de la place sur les appareils des utilisateurs.

Résolution :

Utilisez le format Android App Bundle pour optimiser automatiquement votre application pour les configurations d'appareil, ou gérez-la vous-même avec plusieurs APK.

Sorry it's in french so basicly it tell me to use the Android App Bundle to create a Dynamic apk because it is not optimized for delivery.

Also i have this error message
This is in the error section so no go it won't accept it.

Votre application possède un APK doté du code de version 1 qui demande l'autorisation ou les autorisations suivante(s) : android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE. Pour utiliser ces autorisations dans un APK, les applications doivent comporter des règles de confidentialité.
Your application is in version 1 and ask authaurisation for READ_PHONE_STATE, i enter it in the manifest but when importing it tell me that i need confidentiality rules for the authaurisation. it wont accept it without this thing, and i don't know where to put that think Confidentiality rules.

Can we not post an apk that contains all this &^%$%^

Note i try to upload it in an alpha version that we want to test to other users before putting it in the store..

Do i have to include the google store sdk or library into the project so that it can be accessed on the store, i don't ask for any payment for that app.

Help PLease !

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You must be more accurate:

cause the ask me to put SDKmax to 28
It doesn't ask you to set the max sdk version. It asks you to set targetSdkVersion. Two completely different things.
https://www.b4x.com/search?query=targetSdkVersion

but now it demand to use the app Bundle anf make some littles changes for the delivery of the app
It doesn't demand you to use app bundles. This is just a warning about an optimization that you didn't use. Ignore it as it is not a real optimization in the base of B4A and it doesn't affect your app in any way. It doesn't prevent you from submitting your app.

Upvote 0

Jeanc161

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does anybody knows how to change that when you post the app and ask to click the Button VERIFY in the create version of your APK,in Beta mode, it give some warning messages and some errors messages, and does not allow the app to be published, the button is grayed.
The error is
Erreur
Votre application possède un APK doté du code de version 1 qui demande l'autorisation ou les autorisations suivante(s) : android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE. Pour utiliser ces autorisations dans un APK, les applications doivent comporter des règles de confidentialité.

It said that the APK is on version 1 wich is true as set by the version.
#ApplicationLabel: Code des Douanes 2019
#VersionCode: 1
#VersionName:V 1.1.0
#ApplicationLabel: Douanes 2019

and that the apk need the READ_PHONE_STATE, so to use an Apk with those permission, you need to define confidentiality rules,

But where do we define these confidentiality rules, is it in the Apk, must we do a link inside to a page that explain the confidentiality rules, must we supply a text file with the text or a link to somewhere, i must admit, i spent some time to clear out all the warnings and other stuff, but this one i find no solution, i looked in the developper help and they said i must fill a form if this ever happend to some of you ? as i know Google have changed a lot of their policy, and way of doing things lately and on the 1st of september, new policies will be applied.

here is what i found on the developper help center
  • Post a privacy policy in both the designated field in the Play Console and within the app itself. The privacy policy must, together with any in-app disclosures, comprehensively disclose how your app collects, uses, and shares user data. Your privacy policy must disclose the type of parties to which any personal or sensitive user data is shared. (What Field ???)
This is just to use the READ_PHONE_STATE permission...

I search the Google for this problem but to no avail, i'm stuck

Does anywhone know anything about this requirement, it was never mentionned before

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not have any app published but i know there is a editfield to enter a privacy url
This url must be a file on your domain.

And inside your app must be a possibility to view this privacy document too if i understand correctly.

But i may be wrong. As said. I did not published any app

Upvote 0

Jeanc161

Licensed User
Longtime User
But when i create the version and opload the Apk, i found nowhere in the creation of such link in the play console, i look at every options of their menu, and still. Also on the app where do i put this think,

Im back to square one, still searching and this is getting anoying and frustrating, i always refer back to the same option in the play console of google. Grrrrrr...

Anyone got an idea about this...

Upvote 0

Jeanc161

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well i find some of the problems, i have to create a file on my server to display some mombo jumbo about privacy statements, and found why it did'nt let me enter the url to this page, i Was missing an image the one 1024 x 500 wich i did not have, so had to create one even if it look awfull, it will not let me go to anyother stage without that image.
So finally i was able to move a step further in the process by suppling that image to the version creation. Then create the content classification, then the application content. and have all the green checkmarks on.

It is not a very simple thing to publish an app to the play store, you have to fill in all the required data that they needed, in order to proceed to the next option and finally have the OK, but still now i have to wait for the review so google can supply me to a link of the location of my app on the app store.

So anybody out there who said it is very simple to post an app to the store, does not know all the mumbo jumbo that google required.

So i'm wondering now with all the tings that i saw, if the next generation of app generated with B4A will still be compatible with their requirement as of september 1 it will require that the targetetSdk to be 28, and on 1st december 2019, it will only allow version with minSdk to be 28 (or 64 bits i think).

Will the compiled apk that the B4A generated with the version 9.30 or more will be compatible and that we will all have to forgot about 32 bits apk, or the compiler B4A will be able to generate both 32 and 64 bits apk so that the apk we compile will only be compatible with the newer model of phones or tablets that will come in the future, That is a question i'm asking myself or should i move to Android studio to create new app,
I don't know if anybody have the answer to that, but if someone does, please let me know

Thanks all.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
So i'm wondering now with all the tings that i saw, if the next generation of app generated with B4A will still be compatible with their requirement as of september 1 it will require that the targetetSdk to be 28, and on 1st december 2019, it will only allow version with minSdk to be 28 (or 64 bits i think).

Will the compiled apk that the B4A generated with the version 9.30 or more will be compatible and that we will all have to forgot about 32 bits apk, or the compiler B4A will be able to generate both 32 and 64 bits apk so that the apk we compile will only be compatible with the newer model of phones or tablets that will come in the future, That is a question i'm asking myself or should i move to Android studio to create new app,
I don't know if anybody have the answer to that, but if someone does, please let me know

There are so many mistakes here that it is difficult to answer.
Your app is compatible with both 32 bit and 64 bit devices.

Upvote 0

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Use free https://sites.google.com and create a privacy policy there. Then place a link to the privacy policy in the developer console (google play store). You can, but do not have to put a file with a privacy policy in the application.

READ_PHONE_STATE. I don't know if Google will allow the application to be published in a store with these permissions.

Upvote 0