Process is running longer than expected.....

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Recently the compile process gives me the above message ("running longer than expected") almost 80% of the time, whereas before the update, maybe 50%. Does it have a correlation with the amount of code? My app has grown quite a bit. Regardless, is there a fix to minimize the occurrences? I used to cancel, restart the adb server and do it again. but now I just continue and it will finally compile.

Unrelated question...I finally have a real device now (tablet) and it is working well with the bridge,etc. However, a bug in my application itself caused it to hang. With the emulator and ide I can easily get out of it. How do I do it with the real device other than turning it off (or correcting the bug)?

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much, Erel. I increased it from 30 to 60 seconds. I still have to wait but no more messages. During my design and testing, I created quite a few 'internal' files but don't remember all of the names. Is there a way to delete those files without having each name.? I do have a routine in my application for the user to delete specific files but the name(s) must be known. Thanks again. I am really enjoying your program, even with the challenges for someone like me.

Jim Schuchert

Upvote 0

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, those files I want to keep. The ones I am referring to are the ones created with "(file.openinput(file.dirinternal,"somename")). During the course of coding, I opened quite a few, most with different names. They are hanging around somewhere.

Thanks, Jim

Upvote 0