B4R Question Project folder not set. You should first save the project. How to overcome this obstacle???

krokiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, all
Why is there such an error message? How does it help the user to solve the problem they stumbled on?
I installed B4R on my PC, and configured Paths. Started B4R and there was a template file(project). I selected my board (Nano 328P), serial port (the board is connected to the PC, apparently).
I click on Run(F5) and a window appears, saying:
Project folder not set.
You should first save the project.

I go to File -> Save (or press Ctrl+S) and nothing happens: I presume everything is fine.
I click on Run(F5) and the same window appears, again.
So I search on Project Tab, and there is no such an option, like 'Select project folder'. As I could not find it anywhere else into the IDE. ??? So, how to go on from here ???
I understand B4R is still v 1.0, but ... maybe it is just my bad luck to not be able to compile/run/test/save my(your) first project.

krokiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you sure that you've saved the project? Once you save it then it should work.

Do you see the project name in the top left corner?
I went on File and clicked on Save. The IDE does not complain and I presume It had saved the file. Also I press Ctrl+S, the IDE does not ask me for a project folder and/or file name(s).
There is no project name in the top left corner. there is only B4R, nothing else.
What am I missing?
I use B4A IDE for maybe 2 years and there is no such a problem right at the start.

Upvote 0

krokiz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can understand that is a .NET bug/issue. I downloaded/extracted/opened the suggested project and started it from File Explorer: there is a project name up-left corner.
Anyway, I started the project (F5) ad here is the result:
B4R version: 1.00
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.00s)
Building project (0.01s)
Compiling & deploying Ino project (Arduino Nano (cpu=atmega328) - COM12) Error

avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM12": Incorrect function.
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

I will explore the troubleshooting section and will come back to forum if I could not manage to solve the (next) problem I have.
Thanks for your time time spent on my questions. I really want to try and use your Arduino RAD tool B4R!

Upvote 0