Wish Project specific additional libraries folder

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this has been wished for before, but with a slightly different reason, it would be useful to have either subfolders within the additional libraries folder, or an option to have a project specific libraries folder in addition to the current additional libraries folder.

I am testing various external libraries the current one I am working on has about 15 jar dependencies, I don't really want to dump them into the additional libraries folder as I will have to search for them to delete them if the project isn't viable. It would be easier with subfolders or an extra location that is also searched.

I am currently planning on changing the additional libraries folder for these projects and duplicating and existing libraries I need, but then if I want to work on a different project or help on the forum with code, I would have to switch back to the standard location before I can do anything.

If the sub folder route was implemented, it would also be easier to manage the large number of libraries I am collecting.

Thanks

Last edited:

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can potentially use AdditionalJar but that would be 15 AddtionalJar statements.
The jar's would still need to be in the additional libs folder. I don't think I would need to reference them all as they are not called directly from the App, but from the main library jar.

Also, a nice way to implement this would be a List of Library folders, rather than just on AdditionalLibs folder.
Yes, it would.