Android Question Prompt to Connect to Wireless Network?

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app will be running predominantly over internal wireless networks. The problem is users may already be connected to another wireless network.

What I would like to be able to do is get them connected to the proper network and save that network name, and when they open my app I want to check to make sure they are connected to the appropriate net and if they are not prompt them to switch, and if possible, switch them from within my app.

Is any of this possible? And if so could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have a look at the Simple WIFI library.

It enables you to check the SSID you are connected to, disconnect from it & reconnect to a different SSID. Note though, that I have found you have to have the SSID you want to connect to already saved in your WiFi network list on the device, otherwise it won't connect to it.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
You could ask if "is (SSID name) the correct network? " showing actual network. In case of no, show a list of SSID and chose from that list the correct network. Save the preference and use the next time.
What function or Lib do I use to do that?

Upvote 0

MrKim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have a look at the Simple WIFI library.

It enables you to check the SSID you are connected to, disconnect from it & reconnect to a different SSID. Note though, that I have found you have to have the SSID you want to connect to already saved in your WiFi network list on the device, otherwise it won't connect to it.

- Colin.
Thanks, it will be so this is perfect.

Upvote 0