Android Question Protect database without sqlcipher

omidaghakhani1368

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
If i use sqlcipher in my project therefore add 3mb size to file
my output project shouldn't above 2 mb
is there any way to protect database without increase size of file?

MaFu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dont understand.have you example?
If i understand you right, you save the first character of the name in addition to the encrypted string for sorting.
But it doesn't help if you save the character 'E' for sorting the names 'Erel', 'Enrique', 'Edmund', ...

Upvote 0

omidaghakhani1368

Licensed User
Longtime User
If i understand you right, you save the first character of the name in addition to the encrypted string for sorting.
But it doesn't help if you save the character 'E' for sorting the names 'Erel', 'Enrique', 'Edmund', ...
It sort but only first string

Upvote 0

ArminKH

I dont understand.have you example?
english:for example we have some name which the first char is same,like : Armin,Amin,Amir,Ali,... so your solution is to store
"A" for Armin, "A" For Amin, "A" for Amir, "A" for Ali !!!!!!!
so as you can see your solution failed because ORDER BY first char is same for all of them,so your names will be sorted by index number i think.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
persian : mige k momkene masalan 100 ta esm mesle erel dashte bashi k ba e shoro mishe.osolan orderby faghat harfe aval ro check nemikone va age masalan 10 ta esm dashte bashim k ba e shoro beshan onvaght harfe dovom ro dar nazar migire o ela akhar.rahe halet vase tedad recorde kam momkene monaseb bashe ama dar kol daghighan moshabehe order by nemishe.

Upvote 0

omidaghakhani1368

Licensed User
Longtime User
english:for example we have some name which the first char is same,like : Armin,Amin,Amir,Ali,... so your solution is to store
"A" for Armin, "A" For Amin, "A" for Amir, "A" for Ali !!!!!!!
so as you can see your solution failed because ORDER BY first char is same for all of them,so your names will be sorted by index number i think.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
persian : mige k momkene masalan 100 ta esm mesle erel dashte bashi k ba e shoro mishe.osolan orderby faghat harfe aval ro check nemikone va age masalan 10 ta esm dashte bashim k ba e shoro beshan onvaght harfe dovom ro dar nazar migire o ela akhar.rahe halet vase tedad recorde kam momkene monaseb bashe ama dar kol daghighan moshabehe order by nemishe.
You right but it is a idea and a simple order by that only sort first character of string for group record

Upvote 0