Android Question Protocol Proposal

Ertan

Licensed User
Hi,

I am thinking of writing a messaging application with a total of 100 million users.

Which is the healthiest communication protocol for this? (TCP, HTTP, signalR etc ..)

Thanks..

The truth is that there isn't enough information here to provide a reasonable answer.
I will make a mobile application with 100 million users.

I'm trying to choose the healthiest protocol here.

I will send pictures and articles.

There is an API on the server side. It will meet the incoming requests. What kind of structure should I set up and which protocols would be better for me to choose?

Last edited:

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, I found the disconnect between this...
I am thinking of writing a messaging application with a total of 100 million users
...and this...
Which is the healthiest communication protocol for this? (TCP, HTTP, signalR etc ..)
...to be so extreme that it was very funny.

It's like I posted in a car forum something like this: "I am thinking of making a car and sell 100 million of it. How does a gearbox work?" Most people would probably assume I was making a joke.

Anyway, no harm meant, I just found the post funny. Good luck on the app.

Upvote 0

By-Cod3rs

Licensed User
Well, I found the disconnect between this...

...and this...

...to be so extreme that it was very funny.

It's like I posted in a car forum something like this: "I am thinking of making a car and sell 100 million of it. How does a gearbox work?" Most people would probably assume I was making a joke.

Anyway, no harm meant, I just found the post funny. Good luck on the app.

The friend may not have made an application for so many users. Therefore, instead of finding the healthiest protocol by trial and error, it can ask someone who has experienced it. This is perfectly normal. The funny thing is your prejudiced behavior. You are very professional..

Upvote 0

Ertan

Licensed User
The truth is that there isn't enough information here to provide a reasonable answer.
I will make a mobile application with 100 million users.

I'm trying to choose the healthiest protocol here.

I will send pictures and articles.

There is an API on the server side. It will meet the incoming requests. What kind of structure should I set up and which protocols would be better for me to choose?

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In that case I recommend doing your app for up to 5000 users, which basically means that a simple REST-like solution will work fine for you. There are loads of pages online (and in the forum) about this, here you can read more about it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_state_transfer and here you can find inspiration: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/pages/results/?query=rest+api

When you start seeing that the server is barely able to handle the load, you add a couple of more servers and put them behind a load balancer. Once you have so many millions of users that even that doesn't work for you, you should already be making so much money that you can simply buy expert competence to solve the problem for you.

Upvote 0

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's like I posted in a car forum something like this: "I am thinking of making a car and sell 100 million of it. How does a gearbox work?"

Maybe your expertise is wearing out, @Sandman. Anyone building 100 million cars these days would not be using a gearbox! ;)

... or is that what you meant?

Last edited:
Upvote 0