iOS Question Publishing to App Store error

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am getting the following error when trying to submit app for review:

The app's Info.plist can't contain values for the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key that would prevent this app from opening on any [?] device. For more information, see Understanding the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities Key.

My project attributes:
B4X:
#Region  Project Attributes
    #ApplicationLabel: my app
    #Version: 2.0
    'Orientation possible values: Portrait, LandscapeLeft, LandscapeRight and PortraitUpsideDown
    #iPhoneOrientations: Portrait
    #iPadOrientations: Portrait
    #PListExtra: <key>UIRequiresFullScreen</key><true/>
#End Region

What does this error mean and how do I correct it?

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not yet I was waiting for it to come out of beta. It will resolve this issue?

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
No it's an update to a live app, which was originally developed with another platform.

I just updated to 2.3b and removed the PListExtra line. However on submitting app for review I get the same error.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
No it's an update to a live app, which was originally developed with another platform.
This is probably the reason for this.

Close the IDE.
Open Program Files (x86)\B4i\Project\B4iProject-Info.plist
Search for this line: <string>armv7</string>
Delete it and save the file.

Try to submit it again.

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is probably the reason for this.

Close the IDE.
Open Program Files (x86)\B4i\Project\B4iProject-Info.plist
Search for this line: <string>armv7</string>
Delete it and save the file.

Try to submit it again.

This worked. Is this something I will need to keep doing in the future with this specific app?

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel
Now with v2.31 I get the error below while the B4iProject-info.plist file is in Special folder:

B4X:
B4i version: 2.31
Parsing code.    (0.06s)
Compiling code.    (0.24s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.08s)
Building Xcode project    (0.22s)
Sending data to remote compiler.    Error
Out: Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = armv7 arm64
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone
    CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
    OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
    PRODUCT_NAME = IV Calc
    PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 84b3287c-bc61-43ee-839b-cc8e6602bf10

=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies

Write auxiliary files
write-file /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/IV\ Calc-project-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/IV\ Calc-own-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/IV\ Calc.hmap
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64
write-file /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/arm64/IV\ Calc.LinkFileList
write-file /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/IV\ Calc-all-non-framework-target-headers.hmap
write-file /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/IV\ Calc-generated-files.hmap
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7
write-file /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/IV\ Calc.LinkFileList
write-file /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/IV\ Calc-all-target-headers.hmap

Create product structure
/bin/mkdir -p /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV\ Calc.app

ProcessInfoPlistFile Payload/IV\ Calc.app/Info.plist B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist
    cd /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/git/bin:/Users/jonsaputo/Development/adt-bundle-mac-x86_64-20130729/sdk/platform-tools/"
    builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject/B4iProject-Info.plist -genpkginfo /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV\ Calc.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphoneos -o /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV\ Calc.app/Info.plist

CompileC build/B4iProject.build/Release-iphoneos/B4iProject.build/Objects-normal/armv7/b4i_ivpcalc.o B4iProject/b4i_ivpcalc.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
    export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
    export 

CopyPlistFile Payload/IV\ Calc.app/B4iProject-Info.plist B4iProject-Info.plist
    export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/git/bin:/Users/jonsaputo/Development/adt-bundle-mac-x86_64-20130729/sdk/platform-tools/"
    builtin-copyPlist --convert binary1 --outdir /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV\ Calc.app -- B4iProject-Info.plist
/Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/B4iProject-Info.plist:0: error: reading plist: The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format.

CopyPNGFile Payload/IV\ Calc.app/Default.png Default.png
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Default.png /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV\ Calc.app/Default.png

CopyPNGFile Payload/IV\ Calc.app/[email protected] [email protected]
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/[email protected] /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV\ Calc.app/[email protected]
ERROR: Failed to run cp /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/[email protected] /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV Calc.app/[email protected]

CopyPNGFile Payload/IV\ Calc.app/Icon-60.png Icon-60.png
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Icon-60.png /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV\ Calc.app/Icon-60.png

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/[email protected] /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV\ Calc.app/[email protected]

CopyPNGFile Payload/IV\ Calc.app/Icon-72.png Icon-72.png
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/copypng /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Icon-72.png /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV\ Calc.app/Icon-72.png
ERROR: Failed to run cp /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Icon-72.png /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV Calc.app/Icon-72.png

ERROR: Failed to run cp /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/[email protected] /Users/jonsaputo/Desktop/macserver/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/IV Calc.app/[email protected]

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
    CopyPlistFile Payload/IV\ Calc.app/B4iProject-Info.plist B4iProject-Info.plist
(1 failure)

When I delete the file from the Specials folder the compilation works fine, but I cannot submit update as I get the same error stated in my first post.

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. I reinstalled v2.31, copied the plist file from B4i directory over to Specials folder, then removed the armv7 line.

Here is the contents of the file I have in the Specials folder:
B4X:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>$IDENTIFIER$</string>
    <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
    <string>en</string>
    <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
    <string>${EXECUTABLE_NAME}</string>
    <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>6.0</string>
    <key>CFBundleName</key>
    <string>$APPLICATION_LABEL$</string>
    <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>$APPLICATION_LABEL$</string>
    <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    <string>APPL</string>
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>????</string>
    <key>UIRequiresFullScreen</key>
    <true/>
    <key>UILaunchImages</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
        <key>UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersion</key>
        <string>8.0</string>
        <key>UILaunchImageName</key>
        <string>Default-667h</string>
        <key>UILaunchImageOrientation</key>
        <string>Portrait</string>
        <key>UILaunchImageSize</key>
        <string>{375, 667}</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
        <string>8.0</string>
        <string>Default-736h</string>
        <string>{414, 736}</string>
    </dict>
      <dict>
        <string>7.0</string>
        <string>Default-568h</string>
        <string>{320, 568}</string>
    </dict>

</array>
    <key>CFBundleIcons</key>
    <dict>
        <key>CFBundlePrimaryIcon</key>
        <dict>
            <key>CFBundleIconFiles</key>
            <array>
                <string>icon-60</string>
                <string>icon-76</string>
            </array>
        </dict>
    </dict>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>$VERSION$</string>
    <key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
    <string>$VERSION$</string>
    <key>LSRequiresIPhoneOS</key>
    <true/>
    <key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>
    <array>
        $DEVICE_CAPABILITES$
    </array>
    <key>UISupportedInterfaceOrientations</key>
        <array>
        $IPHONE_ORIENTATIONS$
        </array>
    <key>UISupportedInterfaceOrientations~ipad</key>
        <array>
            $IPAD_ORIENTATIONS$
        </array>
    $QUERIES_SCHEMES$
    $ATS$
    $URL_SCHEMES$
    $APPFONTS$
    $EXTRA$
</dict>
</plist>

Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Attached. I had to zip it as the forum would not allow upload of a plist file

Attachments

• B4iProject-Info.zip
    865 bytes · Views: 207
Upvote 0

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
You will need to delete the file from the Special folder and modify the file in the installation folder (under program files).

This worked. I noticed I had difficulty modifying the file within the installation folder directly (kept receiving "Access Denied" message in sublime). I had to copy the file to desktop, modify it, and copy it back to install folder and give admin permission to overwrite. I am now running Windows 10. Maybe that's the root of the problem? The file in Specials folder isn't copied over due to admin rights?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The file in Specials folder isn't copied over due to admin rights?
No. These are two different issues. Windows doesn't allow you to write to Program Files without an admin privileges. You can run the text editor as an administrator.

The real issue here is that the template file from the Special folder overwrote the correct file. It is related to a change in the IDE.

Upvote 0