iOS Question Push notification stopped working

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, Guys
My push notifications have just suddenly stopped working, I am assuming it is due to me renewing my Certs and Provisioning profiles (I deleted the old certs and provisioning files but may have gone too far). The Apps compile with the new Cert and Provisioning files and can be uploaded to the App Store - but the push notification don't work.

Also push notifications do not work on the release versions of the App (uploaded to the App Store and available before the Certs and Provs expired).

How can I fix this situation, or do I have to go through the complete Push Notification Process and update my Firebase account accordingly.

Can anyone help?
Dave

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, you need to update in Firebase.

You can use this method to create a cert which does not need renewing: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...n-keys-vs-authentication-certificates.126402/

Also push notifications do not work on the release versions of the App (uploaded to the App Store and available before the Certs and Provs expired).

If you followed Erel's example, you would have created keys that work in dev and production.

I recommend using a Production SSL Certificate with a Distribution / Ad Hoc provision profile. This way you can use the same tokens during development and in production.

Cheers

Upvote 0

davemorris

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Andrew
Thanks for the info - I will have an attempt at your method to create certs that don't need renewing (it looks a very useful post).

regards
Dave

Upvote 0