Wish QuckSearch scrolling with arrows

ajk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe it is a bug in my windows (10) but I can not move inside Quick Search window using arrows. I think this should be possible - moving with mouse is very slowly and not precise

ajk

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes it does, but when press ENTER (main window jump to highlighted text) and then try to go back to Quick Search window and move highlight with arrows it is impossible.
I know that this was designed that way. But it would be useful to be able to go back to Quick Search without mouse or Ctr+F and quickly navigate through all occurrences with - let's say Arrow+Shift+Ctrl key?

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just tested it for curiosity.

If you press enter (go to main window module/line where selected text is located) and then you click in the Quick Search box again (not the search results, but the search box), then

a) If the first line in results is visible, it will be highlighted and arrows will work
b) It the first line is not visible (there are many results and the one selected is for instance in the middle so the vertical scrollbar is displaced) , arrows will not work --> pull the vertical scrollbar to the top until first result appears and arrow keys will work

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
All occurrences in the current module can be found easily with these indicators:

SS-2017-05-19_08.08.29.png

let's say Arrow+Shift+Ctrl key?
The problem with such shortcuts is that almost no one will ever know about them and use them.

ajk

Licensed User
Longtime User
.....no one will ever know about them and use them.

I will ! ;)

I think that at last b4a needs:
1) up to date keyboard shortcuts description
2) ability to customize shortcuts (I know there are possibly more important things to do - but...)

By the way:
After pressing F7 (Find All References) - arrow keys not working at all.

ajk

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK but - how about enabling this in "configuration options"? I think this could be very usefull.