B4J Question Query that returns only the column names that have never been evaluated

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I need a query that returns, given the name of a table in the db, all the names of the fields that have never been filled in any row of the data present
Basically the fields I could also delete because at the moment they don't contain any information
How to make a unique query that spits out the above?

Last edited:

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It may also be that it is not possible to do so
What difference does it make, two queries or one in this case. You are not going to gain any time. You seem to insist that you can only be satisfied if only one query does it. If there was a one query solution, someone would have given it to you after some 60 posts by now.

Upvote 0

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
What difference does it make, two queries or one in this case. You are not going to gain any time. You seem to insist that you can only be satisfied if only one query does it. If there was a one query solution, someone would have given it to you after some 60 posts by now.

"..What difference does it make.."
The same difference as between solving a problem and not solving it

"..someone would have given it to you after some 60 posts by now.."
No, If you and I can't solve a problem, it doesn't mean that this problem is unsolvable

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
"..someone would have given it to you after some 60 posts by now.."
No, If you and I can't solve a problem, it doesn't mean that this problem is unsolvable
This is true.
This is an SQL(lite) specific problem rather than a B4X specific problem so your best answer may be found on a SQL(lite) forum.

If you do find a solution, I'd love to hear what it is.

Upvote 0