12.3 KB · Views: 248
  • quickweather screenshot2.jpg
    quickweather screenshot2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:

Newman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yea, right now on the developer console it says I have 114 active installs, but it has 0 for the total installs. On the market it seems to show that I have no installs. Makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only with the problem.

Last edited:

Newman

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've updated the app with a few new features. Also, I would like to hear some things that could make this app better. I feel like it needs something, either a different interface or features, but I'm not sure what...

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I like that app, not bad for your 1st one.

Since you are asking for suggestions, I have some:

1- Add a little bit of "color" to it, having either black or white screens make the app unatractive, I'm not saying your app is bad, I mean, you have to put some "eye candy" but not too much.

2- Your views (such as buttons, editviews, etc) get a "standard" size throughout your app, in other words, make all the buttons the same size, all the editboxes the same height (if applicable of course) that gives a sense of uniformity and pleasing to the eye.

3- Your "About" box, make it a little bit more interesting, the way you have it (see attachment) is kinda confusing.

4- Focus on a few things at a time, meaning, work on features first and looks second or viceversa, that way you can plan and really improve your app which by the way is good for a first app as I mentioned in the beginning.

I hope that helps you a little bit.

Attachments

• About.jpg
    About.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

Newman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Newman,

Mind highlighting the new features?

Cheers!

Absolutely!

Since the first release I have added:

-temperature conversion and wind chill calculator (Will be adding more..so if there is a weather calculator you would like to see, let me know.)

-Weather alerts (Hope to eventually have notifications for this..but not yet)

-Added cloud ID examples...click on a button and it will show a picture of the cloud so you know if that is what you're looking at in the sky (my plan for this is to add more examples and allow the user to swipe through them.)

NJDude: Thanks for the ideas..I will definitely be implementing these into the app

Newman

Licensed User
Longtime User
For the most part...Yes. National Weather Service and alerts are for US only.

However, the Weather Underground site should allow for access to worldwide weather (should be able to access at the bottom of the site)

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
ahh yes yes.. it works for non US too... thanks...

a small critique, the app icon does not tell what the app does... it looks like grainy dots on my phone... but then again, thats a personal taste :D

cheers!