Android Question RDC: Install it on the remote hosting server

coslad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ,

I think one of the reasons why B4A is so successful is because not all are familiar with java.
Sometimes this detail is overlooked, and some tutorials are superficial.
One of the things I did not understand in the RDC is how to install the "web server" on the remote server.
For example how installing it on: "000webhost", "Aruba", "Altervista", etc?
I think RDC is very powerful, but at the moment the information on how to use it are slim.
I'd be willing to pay if someone would create a tutorial step by step from zero, and then how configure the database and to create sql commands on B4A.

Thanks in advance to those who will help.

Sorry for my english

coslad

Licensed User
Longtime User
so, the easiest way for a b4a programmer to save data an a remote database is to run rdc on a own pc connected 24h at day to internet.
After that, the user can install a mysql server o can connect with a sqlite database.
Otherwise if it is needed to save the database on a assured remote server, the user have to use an php/mysql option.
correct me if i wrong.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Not exactly. It really depends on your requirements. If you want to connect to a local server in your organization then you should install RDC on one of the computers in the local network. If you want to allow connections over the internet then the best solution is to use RDC with a host that supports Java.

If your host only supports PHP then it will be simpler to use the PHP / MySQL solution.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've looked at these services. I do not claim to be an expert in all the different services that are available. However from my personal experience it seems to be simpler to acquire a VPS (virtual private server) with SSH access. The monthly cost is not high.

Once you have access to the server you need to upload the Java and RDC files and run RDC. It can be a Windows server or a Linux server.
You will also need to open the port in the server firewall.

Upvote 0

Sytek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Use your own tools you have...see in my case I have a Wampserver installed on my machine
WampServer, the web development platform on Windows - Apache, MySQL, PHP
wampserver.jpg
Once installed on your machine...Then
The following is the mysql console
I had to GRANT privileges into the user
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD 'some_password if you want one, if not leave it blank' WITH GRANT OPTION;
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Note: If you set a password you will need to modify the auth_type to cookie for a username and password prompt at phpmyadmin..This is necessary 'cause if you do not modify the following it will not let you access to you're phpmyadmin engine because of the password set config.inc.php located at you're phpmyadmin folder
Auth types - PmaWiki

...Allow some Firewall incoming rules(FTP port if you want one) HTTP port (for outside access; When your familiar with this you can allow them in your router) get a Free Dynamic DNS at http://www.noip.com/ to link up your dynamic IP address.
http.jpg
Hope this help

Upvote 0

coslad

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Sytek,

i was wondering if is it possible to run the rdc server on android devices?

Upvote 0

alienhunter

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Sytek ,

i got also WAMP runinng but i could not connect with the RDC client , hmmm i even dropped all windows firewalls and routers
must be something that i am doing wrong in the RDC client , i am able to connect to the wamp and to the RDC server in the explorer :confused:
but nothing happens in the RDC Client

i will follow your post and try again ,somewhere i got a brainf..t doing this

anyway thanks for your post AH

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Sytek,

i was wondering if is it possible to run the rdc server on android devices?
No. It can only run on Windows or Linux.

Hi Sytek ,

i got also WAMP runinng but i could not connect with the RDC client , hmmm i even dropped all windows firewalls and routers
must be something that i am doing wrong in the RDC client , i am able to connect to the wamp and to the RDC server in the explorer :confused:
but nothing happens in the RDC Client

i will follow your post and try again ,somewhere i got a brainf..t doing this

anyway thanks for your post AH

Try to send a "test" request from the device browser. If it doesn't work then there is a network problem (wrong IP, wrong port, firewall issue...).

Upvote 0

Sytek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not exactly. It really depends on your requirements. If you want to connect to a local server in your organization then you should install RDC on one of the computers in the local network. If you want to allow connections over the internet then the best solution is to use RDC with a host that supports Java.

If your host only supports PHP then it will be simpler to use the PHP / MySQL solution.

If the RDC is accesed over your local network and the IP configured in the main program let's say http://yourservehttp.com:yourport the connection will be reset by peer..It must be configured with a local ip network
upload_2014-5-15_16-23-47.png

OOOOpppssss....My Bad This is B4A :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sytek

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use the external ip / host address. However it will only work if the router and firewall are configured correctly.

Thank's for the reply, Erel
My problem was that I was testing the program where the RDC is installed/located (Main Server), and te application had the External IP, not the Local IP. So the RDC Reset the connection.
Best Regards!

Upvote 0