Android Question Re-apply windowTranslucentStatus as TRUE

davidvidasoft

Licensed User
I was trying out the following example code in the thread to make my background fill the status bar area:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/how-set-image-background-statusbar.83904/.
Everything was working fine untill I found out that clicking in one of the EditTexts of my app was making the status bar appear again, moving the whole Activity many pixels down hiding part of the activity.
What should I do to stop the status bar from taking this space or, if that's not possible, how could I hide this bar again (programmatically)?

I've attached an image showing on the left the app in its current state and on the right, moving some pixels downwards after I clicked in an EditText, hiding a Label in the bottom border of my activity.

IUYv5rd.png

davidvidasoft

Licensed User
Thank you, @Erel , but unfortunately it did not work.
I think I have tracked the origin of the problem tho, it must be the ACToolBarLight or the DSNavigationDrawer component I am using; I have omitted them and now the problem does not occur. I guess it's messing with the theme I've set, how can I fix that?

Upvote 0

davidvidasoft

Licensed User
Definitely it is the DSNavigationDrawer component. After initializing it with:
B4X:
NavDrawer.Initialize2("NavDrawer", Activity, NavDrawer.DefaultDrawerWidth, NavDrawer.GRAVITY_START)
any EditText I click on breaks my activity. Is there any way to stop that?

Upvote 0