Share My Creation Recap - My first published Android app

Here is my first app, Recap. It helps truck drivers in the USA and Canada with the totals section of their log book, called the recap section.

Many thanks to Erel for providing Basic4Android and first class support, forum user AGraham for his expertise and code libraries, and the entire forum here at B4A! Thanks everyone!

Here is the link to Recap. It won't mean much if your not a truck driver, but please give it a spin if you like. I'm always open to comments. Thanks again!

Jesse

Attachments

• CAP2011090511361-1.jpg
    CAP2011090511361-1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 12,270
  • CAP2011090511362-1.jpg
    CAP2011090511362-1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 359

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
You should try making more mainstream apps. You have 5-10 downloads :p.

App looks polished :)

I plan to write a checkbook register for my wife at some point. That'll be more mainstream :) thanks for the kind words. Yeah I polished it a lot :D

@thedesolatesoul - life recap would ne a hit for sure. Wouldn't be free :D

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice app JesseW. Very well rounded.
Although I do not understand what it does, I just tested it on my GalaxyS (with a custom rom) and there were just 2 things:
1. In the custom dialog for entering the hours, the edit text box height is too small. I can only see the bottom half of the number I enter.
2. The checkbox turns blue for me (obviously due to my rom), while in the Entry help you have specified it turns green.

W4GNS

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was a trucker at one time and would have loved to have this app. I don't recall the number of trucks in the USA but the number is extremely high, and all truckers have phones/tablets. When he gets this app circulating in the trucker circles, I feel it will take off, as truckers chat about such matters.
The recap calculates how much "legal time' the driver has to drive the current day, Failure to abide by the federal Hours of Service (HOS) hours have heafty fines, up to $2000 dollars in certain states, and if the poor sucker gets involved in an accident, and there is a death while not having the legal driving time, murder charges WILL be filed by the state.
Yes calculator's are used to do the math, but I bet alot of drivers would enjoy this app.
A quick Google search says there are about 2 million trucks in the USA, so that's kinda main stream :D

BTW I'm new here, so Howdy Folks !

You should try making more mainstream apps. You have 5-10 downloads :p.

App looks polished :)

Last edited:

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to add on to W4GNS's points, this app have a very specific niche.... which would give it a high chance of a long term success.... needs some kind of promotion out there so that the truckers know about it....

try to post in some forums or such that truckers might frequent to!

good luck!