iOS Question Release App is no longer loading

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have Apple changed something again....

I can load a debug to my iPad and iPod, but when I try release using B4i-Bridge and the hosted builder nothing installs after a successful compile.

Any clues anyone?

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
I even tried installing the ipa via a https site as I have done many times before, it gets half way through installing and fails every single time...

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

Yes, I am using a different certificate.
I had problem before releasing to store.
Is there a way to set up my development so that I can use just one certificate for both debug and release to store (and beta testers that I have UDIDs for) ?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use the same certificate for debug and release modes (and distribution). Only switch to a store certificate before you upload the IPA to the store. Note that if you are using B4i v4+ then it will tell you that it is a store certificate and will not try to install it on the device, as it is not possible.

Tip: never use development certificates. Only distribution with ad hoc or store provision profile.

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, I still getting confused by all this, I was wrong, I one have one certificate

I have 1 production certificate (type iOS Distribution)

I have 2 Provisioning Profiles, 1 for debug compiles and 1 for release compiles (for the store) . Both say iOS Distribution, I don't remember if release one was created as App Store or Ad Hoc....

None of this makes any sense to me at all....

Upvote 0

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know this is Apple and not B4i so all help appreciated.

I just want to have a setup that I had originally, one certificate, one profile that I can debug, release and sent to store using your hosted compiler :)

i.e. simple

Upvote 0

tman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,
"Tip: never use development certificates. Only distribution with ad hoc or store provision profile."
I was testing all my apps using development certificates. Why is distribution with ad hoc better?

Upvote 0