iOS Question Remote Compiler -> Error

P_B

Licensed User
Hello,

I took a $ 99 apple account.

I followed the video tutorial, which is very well explained.

> iOS Tutorial Installing B4i-Bridge and debugging first app

To test the example on Iphone 6s: SecondProgramme, and I come across this error.

(Build b4i bridge app)

I have my userid received by email.
Use 'hosted builder'.

My 5 files.

C: \ B4I \ KEY \ TEST \ B4i.keystore
C: \ B4I \ KEY \ TEST \ B4i.p12
C: \ B4I \ KEY \ TEST \ certSigningRequest.csr
C: \ B4I \ KEY \ TEST \ default.cer
C: \ B4I \ KEY \ TEST \ default.mobileprovision

I use windows 7 pro.

I tested the simulator in local mac works well.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Brandsum

Licensed User
Seems like B4I is unable to communicate with remote build server. Check if you can open test page of your build server.

Upvote 0

P_B

Licensed User
Thank you for your answers.

By adding the certificates in Xcode, on local mac, this ended up working.

Xcode: preferences -> Accounts -> Manage Certificates.

With 'hosted builder', I always have the same error.

I had also cut the firewall of windows 7, with also that of the internet box.

I also added an authorization for b4i, to be able to communicate in both directions.

I do not see what can block?

It would be nice to know it.

Upvote 0

P_B

Licensed User
I use 2 Mac mini late 2012 (I7 + I5), with 'boot camp' for Windows 7, which work identically to a real PC.

Maybe it is also the source of the problem ?

Upvote 0

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use 2 Mac mini late 2012 (I7 + I5), with 'boot camp' for Windows 7, which work identically to a real PC.

Maybe it is also the source of the problem ?
How is your Mac mini connected to the internet? Cable or Wifi?

Upvote 0

P_B

Licensed User
Thank you for your answers.

The 2 Mac mini are connected by cable, to the same internet box.

I use wifi only for iPhones.

I will use the local builder.

I took hosted builder, to increase its chances of operation, and to use it without requiring mac.

I thought my id hosted builder, was not working, or was not enabled.

I do not think I'm the only one in the world to use 'boot camp', with windows 7.

Maybe with windows 8 or 10, it works better with 'boot camp' ?

It is an interesting problem that everyone can meet, and that can be reproducible.

Upvote 0

Brandsum

Licensed User
I use Virtual Box. So that I can use both windows and mac at the same time. When ever I need to copy any file form mac I can copy it to windows. Its bidirectional. Also the clipboard. I swipe back and forth to switch between mac and windows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use Virtual Box. So that I can use both windows and mac at the same time. When ever I need to copy any file form mac I can copy it to windows. Its bidirectional. Also the clipboard. I swipe back and forth to switch between mac and windows.
I also use Virtual Box but I don't know why I can't use the clipboard feature. I normally copy files by using a USB drive formatted as exFAT.

Upvote 0

Brandsum

Licensed User
I also use Virtual Box but I don't know why I can't use the clipboard feature. I normally copy files by using a USB drive formatted as exFAT.
On the virtual box after launching a vm change clipboard and drag&drop to bidirectional from devices menu at the top. You can also set a shared folder in which you can copy a file from mac and use that in windows without having multiple copy in both os. I have a shared folder which I use, to store downloaded files from mac and use those file in windows just after download without coping.

And I usually store all my projects inside that folder. So when i need to edit an image i directly open that in photoshop (mac) from the project files folder.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…