Android Question Removing the BACK ARROW on the Page Title in a b4XPage

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi !

I have a few pages in a B4XPage application in which I am disabling the Back Keys by using the following code in the B4XPage_CloseRequest event of such pages
B4X:
Private Sub B4XPage_CloseRequest As ResumableSub
    Return False
End Sub

But how do we remove the BACK ARROW symbol on the Page Title in such pages ?

Sorry if I sound too basic..

Thanks ..

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
Add this to the B4XMainPage create code:
B4X:
B4XPages.GetManager.ShowUpIndicator = False
Stop using 'Sorry if I sound too basic..'. Nothing is basic
Hi Mahares,

The above code snippet disables the back arrow symbol from all pages.. How to disable the back arrow symbol from the Page Title only for a particular page ?

Upvote 0

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
There might be a way to customize the title bar in B4XPages. You can certainly can add Menu Items.
But I haven't found any method for selectively removing the Back Arrow.

I can do it, but only by replacing the Title Bar with my own Panel which contains the pieces I want.
I set #IncludeTitle: False (in Main), then add the custom panel when the page is created..
Since it is custom, you can easily manipulate the visibility property of the Back Arrow Icon in a label in the panel.

True, if you already have Menu Items, you have to add them to you Custom header panel.

Others may have better ways.

Upvote 0

beelze69

Licensed User
Longtime User
There might be a way to customize the title bar in B4XPages. You can certainly can add Menu Items.
But I haven't found any method for selectively removing the Back Arrow.

I can do it, but only by replacing the Title Bar with my own Panel which contains the pieces I want.
I set #IncludeTitle: False (in Main), then add the custom panel when the page is created..
Since it is custom, you can easily manipulate the visibility property of the Back Arrow Icon in a label in the panel.

True, if you already have Menu Items, you have to add them to you Custom header panel.

Others may have better ways.
Thanks William..I will try whatever you have said here..

Upvote 0