Other [new feature] Recent places list in the title bar

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
In many cases we find ourselves switching back and forth between several places. There are all kinds of ways to navigate between these places. You can use bookmarks, split the code editor, use Alt + Left / Right arrows as well as a few other methods.

Now there is another one:

B4A_DwOweEi0tI.png

The 5 recent places appear automatically in the title bar and can be clicked to jump to the recent place.

Note that the quick search field also moved to the title bar to make it more accessible.

Edit: Screenshot updated with some design changes.

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I barely use a mouse so it will be faster for me to just press ctrl-3 instead of moving the mouse to a combobox and do 2 extra clicks (open & select).

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
nice find ;)

I guess this is what Luca wants and it's controllable by cursor keys + enter.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Also, using a combo does not prevent you from using shortcuts

shortcuts or 'keyboard combos' means speed. using a mouse slows down things unless you use it for graphical works (even then you use shortcuts to speed up things)

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
At first sight, the position looks indeed a bit awkward but I am sure I will get used to it over time.
If it will increase productivity for me, then it is well worth it.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
nice find ;)

I guess this is what Luca wants and it's controllable by cursor keys + enter.

Actually I would like other things... for example a management of snippets in the IDE and something for my color blindness :(

I was just trying to make suggestions about this feature, I'm already happy with ALT <--- --->.

But if you can easily use CTRL + N to access those bookmarks, you can still do it even if the elements are in a combobox, rather than on the title bar. As it is in many softwares, including b4x:

upload_2019-5-28_15-57-5.png

"Edit" is a combo, of course.

Upvote 0