"Reply to" style (look)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I seem to remember that it has already been asked, but I can't trust my memory so much (also because I read - and write - too much), so I write this post-request anyway.

1581220250430.png

By writing a reply to a post, the original message and the reply text are not visually very well distinct, in my opinion (and also in the opinion of my poor tired eyes šŸ˜„ :confused: šŸ‘“).

So if possible, I would like to ask you to change the "reply to" style.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best thing would be to increase the thickness of the separation line (and maybe even its color) and also the background color of the title (the one with the nick to which you're replying to), which is too light.
1581221486359.png

Last edited:

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
thickness of the separation line (and maybe even its color)

I partially agree with you suggestion ... but think your above sample detracts from the new forum feel / look. (certainly your choice of blue)

Just a thin separation line would suffice , or at the very least , an extra forced blank line (or 3) between quoted text and reply.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I partially agree with you suggestion ... but think your above sample detracts from the new forum feel / look. (certainly your choice of blue)

Just a thin separation line would suffice , or at the very least , an extra forced blank line (or 3) between quoted text and reply.
Yes, you're right, I shouldn't have drawn that stuff, both because I'm not a good graphic designer and for the reasons you have exposed.

The important thing is the subject of the matter.