B4J Question Reporting tool

DarkoT

Licensed User
Hello...

Need a suggestion... I want to create a desktop app with B4J and need to implement some reporting tool. This reporting tool need to have a "editor" which allows to create a report, but filters need to be sent from application (users will choice some filters in app, filters will be sent from app to reporting tools). What will be easiest reporting tool to implement into B4J App? Or better - is possible to communicate from B4J with Reporting tool like Jasper reports?
I will appreciate suggestions and will be thankful for some experience/example... ;)

Thank, DaT

DarkoT

Licensed User
What about Excel? You can create a template and fill it with jPOI or the soon to be released XLUtils library.
Hi Erel,
no, no, this will not be a good solution... Idea is create some operative reports like Delivery Note, Invoice, Order, ... Reports need to have a footer, header, summary, group, ...
If here will be communication way with some tools like Jasper or Crystal reports or else, will be very useful....

Upvote 0

DarkoT

Licensed User
There is a library for Jasper Reports, I used javafx8 report to design invoice and receipt before. If you like html to you can try printhtml
Is possible to get some example? or acces for library?

Thank you...

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0

DarkoT

Licensed User

Thank you @mcqueccu ... You deserve very big BIG coffee... ;)

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

I use NextReports.
It is much lighter than JasperReports - and is free. Works great for me on many complex reports - I was quite surprised how well it worked out.
However, to each their own... Started with Jasper and got frustrated and overwhelmed.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User

I use NextReports.
It is much lighter than JasperReports - and is free. Works great for me on many complex reports - I was quite surprised how well it worked out.
However, to each their own... Started with Jasper and got frustrated and overwhelmed.

Great is there a tutorial for implementing it without ABMaterial framework?

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
"is there a tutorial"
Without ABM - not that I know of in this community...

As stated:

" This lesson requires Next Report jar files as defined in the previous lesson.
It also requires the jNxtReportsB4J library. "

This example has very little to do with ABMaterial.

My examples showed how to direct the report engine to do what you want - using ABM and B4J.

Create whatever UI you need to control the NR engine, as I did with ABM ( a UI framework ).
Once you understand the NR framework, this becomes trivial.

Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0