Wish Request for Additional Features in B4A Library Manager

carlos7000

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am writing to request your kind assistance regarding the addition of new features to the B4A Library Manager.

Firstly, I would like to suggest the inclusion of new attributes for libraries, such as #ShortDesc, #LongDesc, and #AuthorLink. Although the Library Manager already has a "Comment" column, I am not familiar with the attribute I should include in my libraries to display the comment in the Library Manager. The #ShortDesc attribute would allow for a brief description of the library's functionality in the Library Manager. This would greatly help users quickly understand the purpose of a particular library.

Additionally, the #LongDesc attribute would provide a more detailed description of the library. Sometimes, a short description may not be sufficient to convey all the relevant information about the library. With the #LongDesc attribute, authors could elaborate on their explanations, offering users a more comprehensive understanding of the library's functionality and benefits.

Furthermore, it would be beneficial to have the #AuthorLink attribute, which would allow for an inclusion of a link to the author's B4A account. This would enable users to easily access the author's account to contact them for questions, comments, or suggestions related to the library. This would facilitate communication and encourage more direct interaction between users and library authors.

In addition to the existing #LibraryName attribute, it would be helpful to have a #LibraryLongName attribute that allows for a more descriptive name. Names such as BLE2, XUI, IME, NB6, SIP, TTS, X2, etc., could be more easily understood with a longer name.

Considering all the above, I kindly request the inclusion of respective columns for each of these new attributes in the Library Manager. This way, the Library Manager could display the library name, long name, short description, author, and other relevant information.

Lastly, I would like to request an "Explore Library" window. When right-clicking on a library name in the Library Manager, selecting this option would open an explorer, providing a convenient way to quickly explore the contents of a library. It would display public classes, variables, functions, and methods of the library.

Thank you for considering these suggestions. I believe that these new features in the B4A Library Manager would greatly enhance the user experience and facilitate library management.

Sincerely,

carlos7000 carlos7000