B4A Library RootHelper (deprecated)

Periklis Koutsogiannis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just did a silent update (no version change) so please redownload. Samples are also updated.

Added: Root.UninstallApk
B4X:
Dim Result As Boolean = Root.UninstallApk("com.datasteam.b4a.xtraviews.dialogview.tutorial")

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Periklis Koutsogiannis only one question
with this app can i use record screen apps?
i try to download 20+ apps to record my android screen but all apps show u need make a root in your device to use this app

for example
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spectrl.rec
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bugunsoft.displayrecorder
You can only do that if your phone is rooted, this is a library which you can use if your phone is already rooted.

Cheers,
Walter

Douglas Farias

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can only do that if your phone is rooted, this is a library which you can use if your phone is already rooted.

Cheers,
Walter

a ok thx man

Periklis Koutsogiannis

Licensed User
Longtime User
@walterf25 and @Douglas Farias

Screen recording apps in most of the cases are "cheating". They just start a superuser process calling the default system screen recording module. This is the reason why they require superuser permissions ;)

Next version will include a ScreenRecord function and other goodies :)

upload_2014-7-23_7-16-6.png

upload_2014-7-23_7-19-7.png

Last edited:

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Periklis Koutsogiannis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Always my pleasure! I love contributing whenever I can :)

B4A is my new playground and replaced my call of duty addiction.

Last edited:

Periklis Koutsogiannis

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am currently refactoring the code. It will be the Swiss knife of rooting tools. You will be able to run any su command while waiting for the result (without blocking your app) and with the ability to cancel any long running task.

ivan.tellez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am currently refactoring the code. It will be the Swiss knife of rooting tools. You will be able to run any su command while waiting for the result (without blocking your app) and with the ability to cancel any long running task.

Wow, thats just awesome, an async command its really usefull, its going to be interactive? or the command will die after returning the first response?

Screen recording its a great function, are you planing to add support for screenshots and also video? :D

Thanks

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Periklis Koutsogiannis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, thats just awesome, an async command its really usefull, its going to be interactive? or the command will die after returning the first response?

It will wait until the process is finished and you will be able to manually cancel it.

Screen recording its a great function, are you planing to add support for screenshots and also video?

Maybe :D

ivan.tellez

Licensed User
Longtime User
It will wait until the process is finished and you will be able to manually cancel it.

Hi, Some time ago I had a problem using a remote console, It has 2 modes, Sync and Async. I had to execute a command that takes one minute to complete, so the Async method was used, the problem was that the process was killed after it sent the first response that was "Are you sure y/n?". so actually nothing was done :confused:

Then the app was updated to have an third option, AsyncInteractive, so the app could be like:

B4X:
sub somesub()
  Shell.Mode = AsyncInteractive
  Shell.Execute("longcommand")
end sub
sub Root_Executed(Response as string)
  If Response = "Are you sure y/n?"
      Shell.Execute("y")
  else
      log("Command final response: " & Response)
      Shell.close
  end if
end sub

And also has propperty IsRunning.

Is this applicable to Android? If yes, it will be handy to have the AsyncInteractive mode :D

Thanks Periklis!

Periklis Koutsogiannis

Licensed User
Longtime User
New library is almost ready. I will upload it soon.

Included: A fully functional screen recorder (captures audio as well) with sourcecode and a complete how-to tutorial that you can use it in your own projects or even make the next playstore screen recorder app hit!

upload_2014-7-26_17-14-12.png

Last edited:

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User