B4J Question Run packet in Linux - Packager 11 worked but package doesn't run

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone,

I have managed to use Packager 11 in Linux and have created the packet with this tutorial post:

When I try to run from terminal the run.command file I get the error attached (I use Debian 10.4.0) :

My Java knowledge is limited and my Linux knowledge is not existent. Any suggestions?

Edit - I run Debian in a VirtualBox machine

Attachments

• hs_err_pid2373.txt
    96.6 KB · Views: 126

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everyone,

I have managed to use Packager 11 in Linux and have created the packet with this tutorial post:

When I try to run from terminal the run.command file I get the error attached (I use Debian 10.4.0) :

My Java knowledge is limited and my Linux knowledge is not existent. Any suggestions?

Edit - I run Debian in a VirtualBox machine

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now that I had some time to rest seems to be completely obvious. I didn't add the "IncludedModules=..." with all these modules that are mentioned in the attached file to the packager.json. I will check it tomorrow. Thank you MarcoRome for the Installation tutorial you pointed me to. Grazie mille per l' aiuto.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried to add the IncludedModules in the packager.json and here is a video of what I see. As you will see it creates the folder build but in the bin subfolder there is no b4j sub-subfolder as it expects and the run.command aborts. What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User

Attachments

• hs_err_pid2970.zip
    15 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems there is a problem with Debian. I downloaded and installed in a VirtualBox Ubuntu 20.04 and it runs flawlessly. Thank you all for your help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks like it may be an issue with the OpenJFX bundled in the download for version 11 of the OpenJDK/OpenJFX bundle offered by AnywhereSoftware. You could try downloading version 11.0.2 from here (https://gluonhq.com/products/javafx/) and updating/overwriting the OpenJFX files (after making a backup, of course).

Upvote 0