B4R Question Running 2 streams on one connection

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

What would be the correct way (if possible at all) to run 2 stream objects on one connection?

Using ESP8266, so the connection is Wifi.

Wanting to have MQTT and be able to give HTTP responses (using AsyncStream)

With the code I have so far, which I thought was pretty much complete but this issue has popped up, either system works fine on their own (MQTT or HTTP), but when both are in use together I tend to get the MQTT payload tagged onto my HTTP JSON response and then MQTT fails to publish from there on. I've been messing for a few hours now and struggling to be honest.

A Bit of code samples:
MQTT is initialized with
B4X:
MQTT.Initialize2(server.Socket.Stream, "mqtt.thingspeak.com", 1883, "xxxxxxxxxxxxx", "MQTT_MessageArrived", "MQTT_Disconnected")
    MQTTOptions.Initialize("xxxxxxxxxxx", "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx")
'xxxxxxxxx = private data removed

AsyncStream initialized with:

B4X:
Sub server_NewConnection (NewSocket As WiFiSocket)
    Log("New Connection")
    astream.Initialize(NewSocket.Stream, "astream_NewData", "astream_Error")
End Sub

Once a HTTP rresponse is complete I finish off with this to flush it to the browser.

B4X:
        server.Socket.Stream.Flush
        server.Socket.close

As mentioned above, sometimes I get the MQTT data on the returned JSON http response and it looks like this

{"Operating Mode":"Not Connected","Current Power":0.00,"Lifetime Total":0.00,"Total Today":0.00,"Internal Temp":0.00,"Panel Voltage":0.00,"Panel Current":0.00,"Grid Frequency":0.00,"Grid Voltage":0.00,"Grid Current":0.00}
0��(channels/xxxxxxxxxxxx/publish/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfield1=0.00&field2=0.00&field3=0.00&field4=0.00&field5=0.00&field6=0.00&field7=0.00&field8=0.00

After this, HTTP seems to carry on working but MQTT fails. Any hints on how to resolve this conflict?
Just thinking now, Do I need to have 2 server objects, which is an instance of WifiServerSocket?
Do I need to just work on my timings and/or create a flagging system that sets a flag when an http is in progress so don't try to MQTT?

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why are you using the same socket? Use a different socket for MQTT.

Because I have no idea what I'm doing o_O
As I got to the end of the OP above it literally just popped into my head to create more than 1 WifiServerSocket. Is that what you mean ?

Cheers

Upvote 0

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, Thanks

Will give it a blast and see how she goes.

Upvote 0