B4R Tutorial ESP32 Camera Picture Capture and Video Streaming! (Updated with code!)

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Dear friends,

Before I start learning I want ask if it is possible to send the image (pic from camera) to FTP - using this great tutorial?

Thank you
p4ppc

miker2069

Licensed User
Dear friends,

Before I start learning I want ask if it is possible to send the image (pic from camera) to FTP - using this great tutorial?

Thank you
p4ppc
Hello Petr4ppc (and everyone else), sorry for my delayed response on the Camera Library. I have a 2 year old, full time job, and also in the USA - so it's all crazy :)

p4ppc, I don't see why you can't sending via FTP. I'm sure you can refer to Erel's FTP post to setup the FTP part. Depending on how big your image is, you may be to send an in memory copy from the camera, else it will be good to save to SD Card (or perhaps flash if that's practical) and upload from there.

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Dear Miker2069,

first thank you for your NICE tutorial and very good work.
Thank you for your advice (i thought that FTP lib for esp8266 can not be used in ESP32 - I have asked for certain because of possibility of damaging my esp32).
I go to do some tests, one more - thank you very much
p4ppc

Hypnos

Licensed User
Dear Miker2069,

first thank you for your NICE tutorial and very good work.
Thank you for your advice (i thought that FTP lib for esp8266 can not be used in ESP32 - I have asked for certain because of possibility of damaging my esp32).
I go to do some tests, one more - thank you very much
p4ppc
I also want to do the same thing but not success, It would be great if anyone can give some example if you can make it work. Thanks!

petr4ppc

Licensed User
Hypnos,

did you tried esp8266 FTP lib? I have tested it, but I can not connect to FPT server.

p4ppc