Running an App from a main with Modules

AntonBrz

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi, Beginner with purchased B4A here. My interest is writing games with levels. I don't want programs to get long and confusing in the editor, with dozens and dozens of subs. What I'd like to do, is call modules, ie make the levels separate views created on other edited pages with a view name. The first module would be the title, which turns itself off, then on to the first level and so on, each level calling the next level, but only having to write one complete level on each page. (I know how to make views, variables, buttons and use images, layers etc.) Any kind help would be appreciated.

:sign0163:

madSac

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi, Beginner with purchased B4A here. My interest is writing games with levels. I don't want programs to get long and confusing in the editor, with dozens and dozens of subs. What I'd like to do, is call modules, ie make the levels separate views created on other edited pages with a view name. The first module would be the title, which turns itself off, then on to the first level and so on, each level calling the next level, but only having to write one complete level on each page. (I know how to make views, variables, buttons and use images, layers etc.) Any kind help would be appreciated.

:sign0163:

You can use make different classes for each level.It will make easy to call any level at any time.

Upvote 0

AntonBrz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Classes for each level

Thank you. I wasn't familiar with classes, as I came to programming through machine language and several versions of basic, not including Visual Basic. There is a tutorial on classes, I'll study it.

Upvote 0