Android Question Saving B4A project as Zip

Steve-h

If I use “Export as zip” the resultant file will load into the IDE but not compile as some of the associated files are not saved in the zip, I get a shared files missing error. However it must be possible as zipped examples from the forum do contain the correct file structure. Am I missing something or do I need to manually zip the project directory ?

MikeSW17

Licensed User
It may be something specific to your installation or project. I've just tried Exporting a project, un-zipping to a different path and it Compile Ok.
Export to Zip certainly is selective of which folders are saved. In my case, under 'Objects' the 'bx4libs', 'bin' and 'gen' folders are not included. As are 'layout', 'xml' and 'source' under the 'res' folder.
If your project places/expects files in those folders, a Zip obviously won't work. And you probably shouldn't be putting / expecting files in those folders!

1635315782631.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
If I use “Export as zip” the resultant file will load into the IDE but not compile as some of the associated files are not saved in the zip, I get a shared files missing error. However it must be possible as zipped examples from the forum do contain the correct file structure. Am I missing something or do I need to manually zip the project directory
In B4XPages projects, you should use this comment link (top of B4XMainPage):
B4X:
'Ctrl + click to export as zip: ide://run?File=%B4X%\Zipper.jar&Args=Project.zip

Upvote 0