Wish A Big Wish .. Scene Builder

Yado

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please can you add again the Scene Builder in the IDE ?
I understand is deprecated but i've so many old projects that are done with that and cant update them easy like before is so bad.
I think its not a so big trouble leave it there for who use it , even if some of new feauture are not supported by this designer.

(Sadly have two installations of b4j is not a practical and nice solution)

Thanks
Mirco.

Yado

Licensed User
Longtime User
Think also of taking some time to redesign your layouts with the internal designer.
more than 200 designs with multiple pages , took me months of work and why ? i dont need that. i cant lose money doing that.

Yado

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you insist then you still can use the older version which has this feature.
i just ask to dont remove from the IDE the possibility to use old version.
doing what you say is not logical.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As far as I can tell with B4j V9.80, the layouts will still load, and if you have SceneBuilder installed, clicking on the layout in the File Manager will open it in the SceneBuilder app.

Obviously as this is deprecated, it will no longer be supported here, but it will give you a more time to migrate your layouts.

I do get a warning in the log :
B4X:
WARNING: Loading FXML document with JavaFX API of version 18 by JavaFX runtime of version 11.0.1

Presumably because I have just downloaded the latest SceneBuilder to test it and am using Java 11 not Java 18, but it appears to work.

Last edited:

Yado

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well , i ask for a wish if the developer want to listen my wish will be nice if not i'll found another way. Thanks to all to be so interested in my wish request.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well , i ask for a wish if the developer want to listen my wish will be nice if not i'll found another way. Thanks to all to be so interested in my wish request.
I would say that it was removed not for fun but because it would have been onerous to keep the two "methods" "aligned" (for Anywhere Software) and since the Designer is more powerful, easier to use and is becoming more and more cross-platform...!

Yado

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would say that it was removed not for fun but because it would have been onerous to keep the two "methods" "aligned" (for Anywhere Software) and since the Designer is more powerful, easier to use and is becoming more and more cross-platform...!
Thanks !! now i know it !!!