Android Question Screen lock - is possible to exit by code?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I have an app that receives notifications and executes code according to the received message
If the phone is with the screen lock, however, the program is not displayed to the operator
Is there a way, by code, to exit the lock screen?
What if the screen lock has a password?

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have an app that receives notifications and executes code according to the received message
If the phone is with the screen lock, however, the program is not displayed to the operator
Is there a way, by code, to exit the lock screen?
What if the screen lock has a password?
If any application could bypass the screen lock what would be the purpose of having a screen lock?
That's why you have a screen lock, so only the phone owner can unlock it! Not any other user or any application - unless you are not using a pin/password/finger print for screen unlocking.
By the way, you are not saying what the application does when it received a message. It can do some task in the background service when it receives notification. It can display notification on the lock screen so the user can react to it, and unlock the phone.

Upvote 0

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
The usefulness of having a screen lock is to block access to those who do not know the password
For anyone who knows the password, human or code, unlocking should be allowed
This is what I would expect following the logic

Upvote 0