Android Question Screen snapshot deformed on 10-inch emulators

jai

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am seeing a strange deformity in screen snapshots while using a 10-inch screen emulator. This happens with all screens of this app only on the 10 inch emulators. The snapshots come out fine on all other emulators (4", 4.7", 5", 5.1", 7"). The screens are perfectly fine on all physical devices including the 10" and 10.1" tablets. I have tried several options for the 10" emulator but get the same results.

The emulator deformity on all different screens always happens about a third from top and a third from left of the screen when part of the right side of the screen image starts to nudge up slightly. The nudged up part of the image starts to move the deformation to right as it goes down. The deformity happens across labels and text views but only on a portion of these labels and views. It looks like someone tore up a sheet of page and glued it back misaligned.

Has anyone experienced such a situation and have any suggestion for me to try. There is nothing in the code that would trigger any such condition. All views are being drawn programmatically with the same dimensions. The code is rather large. A sample snapshot of one screen is attached to get a feel.

Attachments

• DeformedSnapshot.png
    DeformedSnapshot.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 167

jai

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to make clear, let me add that the above screen deformity is in the display of all screens on the 10" emulator and not just in the snapshots.

Upvote 0