Android Question Scrollable table

Peekay

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using the B4XTable view to show my tables. However, I would like to scroll vertical and horizontal.

There is a link to such a table published in 2012: Table. Is that the latest version?
I see it uses the Table view. Can I also use the B4Xtable view with it?

Thanks
PK

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a link to such a table published in 2012: Table.
Hey Peekay, how are things in Wittbank.
No, the two are totally different. The B4XTable has been implemented only for the last few years, and you can scroll only horizontally as it is page based. You go from page to page. With B4XTable you will not be able to scroll vertically like with the Flexible Table.. With Flexible Table you can also scroll horizontally.
Can I also use the B4Xtable view with it?
You can use one or the other. It is a matter of preference. Both have great features.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Flexible Table is a B4A CustomView and it is an evolution of the Table class and uses the ScrollView2D library for horizontal and vertical scrolling.
It works only with B4A.
B4XTable is a cross-platform CustomView b4xlib and, as already explained, it can scroll only horizontally.
You cannot combine both.

Upvote 0

Peekay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Peekay, how are things in Wittbank.

Hi Mahares, Fine thanks, but lots of political turmoil. Freedom kills - it is a self inflicted wound!
Where are you from?

Thanks for advice.
I do not have a table under my views. How do I get it?

PK

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not have a table under my views. How do I get it?
If you are talking about B4XTABLE it is an internal library. You check it in the library manager pane. Then in the Designer, you select addview, then Customview, then B4Xtable. That is how you will have access to its design.
Here is a link to it:
If you are talking about Flexible Table, then it looks like klaus is helping now with it.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
To use the Flexible Table CustomView class you need to copy the Table.bas file from the first post in the Flexible Table thread to your project.
You find the list of needed libraries on top of the the first post in the Flexible Table thread.
The thread includes also a demo program, Table3_24.zip.

Upvote 0

Peekay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks klaus,
I found the table view and I have imported the Table module into my code.
Can you just help me setting the column alignments, as the example is done in B4J, and I cannot figure that out

Thanks
PK

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
... as the example is done in B4J, and I cannot figure that out
Sorry, I don't understand.
What example is done in B4J?
The Flexible Table, as already mentioned, works only with B4A !
The Flexible Table demo program is written in B4A.

Upvote 0