Android Question Scrollview Lag

DrownedBat

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,
More an observation than a question here. The program I am writing makes extensive use of scrollview objects. Some of these are sparsely populated and others are choked with other views. Regardless of the population of any scrollview, my tablet has always struggled with lag when the user scrolls through them. Recently, I've added the Gestures library attempting to zoom & rotate a canvas (unrelated to the Scrollviews). Something I've noticed about this; when I SetListener to the target view through the Gestures library, all of my Scrollviews throughout the entire program become IMPOSSIBLY smooth! Even the most populated of them which contains 10,000 views shows no lag whatsoever. I have gone from setting the listener only when needed to setting it during the first time initialization and no lag has yet to appear. Any idea what's going on here and possibly how to trigger this for those that have scrollview lag issues but no need for the Gestures library? Is it a permissions issue or just something within the library itself? Keep coding out there!

DrownedBat

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure I can. The project is extensive and I'm not sure how I could separate the elements needed to show the lag I mention. It may be my device (Samsung Galaxy 10.1). Running the program in obfuscation release shows same lack of lag. I could upload the program as - is if you'd like to look at it but (admittedly) I don't really know what I'm doing. I find something that works and I cobble it together with other things that work. As it is, I'm sure my code isn't as efficient as it could be and if you were to try to spot the lag issue you might have to wander through my code before you found anything that made sense. I'm not opposed to this, just a friendly observation. If you'd still like to see it Erel, I can send it over.

Upvote 0