B4A Library SD: DragBoard

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

(No WRAP, No Java Only B4A)

I had to change my color, updating and changing different parts.
I also called it differently. So if you have previous projects you will need to update the declaration of the variables.

This library contains three classes.

The first "DragBoard" allows you to move single-label (containing only one string) from one column to another, to activate the shift by clicking a longer touch. Delete or edit each item by clicking a shortcut (if enabled by customView). It supports the addition of a single item for each column (CustomView enabled) and the alphabetical sorting of entries within a column (enabled by CustoView). It also lets you move whole columns of labels

The second "DragPanel" allows you to move Panels from one column to another (each panel can hold any view object you want, the panel should not be changed in dimension, and the background in Color should not be changed). To activate the move, click on a longer touch. To erase or edit each item by clicking a shortcut (if enabled by customView). And will raise an event that invokes a sub in your app you manage to edit. It supports the event by adding a single item for each column (CustomView enabled) and the event sorting by alphabetic (CustoView enabled). These events are handled by you in the sub which is raised. It also lets you move whole columns of panel

The third "DragListView" is a listview that allows you to move individual entries from one line to another by dragging, it can contain one or two lines of text and a Swicht button (You can also access the panel to add more objects but the Events will not be managed by the library). To activate the move, click on a longer touch. Capture or edit every single element by clicking a short touch (if activated by customView). And will raise an event that invokes a sub in your app you manage to edit. It supports the event by adding a single item for each column (CustomView enabled) and the event sorting by alphabetic (CustoView enabled). These events are handled by you in the sub which is raised.

the fourth "DragDrop" class is a class (not a CustomView type) that is used to handle dragging the view. The moving views will be passed as a parameter to the class and so will the objects that will serve as a place or the coordinates that will serve as a place of arrival. The rest will do the class, every time you drag and drop an event.

The first three also have a title bar. The bar can contain the Confirm button (if enabled) and delete (if enabled).m On the left also contains the menu button, which raises an event. If enabled by customView, the Menu button in addition to lifting an event opens a panel to the left. The panel can hold what you want. A listView, a menu etc ...

Attachments

• SD_DragBoardPro 0.07 DEMO.zip
    69 KB · Views: 627
Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Is it possible to remove flickering effect?
Drag and drop item between more then 3 columns are hard to position.
Excellent library btw but it needs improvement.

Regards,
Tom
It is a defect that I have not managed to remove over time.
I probably need to rewrite some of the code parts.

I put it on the agenda for a final update. You must have a bit of patience.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, is this available across the platforms.

I just had a thought of a perfect kanban board with this library, however would need it for iOS also and perhaps b4j.

Any news perhaps soon?

Thanks
At the moment I have not thought about bringing them to other platforms because there is little demand

But such a thing for B4i can be found here

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
they are not many. 🤔

What is the most useful floating view between the DragBoard, DragGrid, DragList and DragPanel?

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As I imagined there is little interest. 🤷‍♂️

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As I imagined there is little interest. 🤷‍♂️
Well, the interest comes when you have a project where you need something like that. I don't need it currently, but do I know if I don't have a project in half a year where I need something like that? No.

In the end you have to decide, I know how much time you have to invest.... very much

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, the interest comes when you have a project where you need something like that. I don't need it currently, but do I know if I don't have a project in half a year where I need something like that? No.

In the end you have to decide, I know how much time you have to invest.... very much
You could have a project that we had thought of something like this but it didn't exist. Today, knowing that it is possible, perhaps we would change it.

Or seeing the view I can think it could be useful in some future project, I would gladly use it.

Third hypothesis. It seems too elaborate and impractical and I would not use it in existing or future projects.

Perhaps the latter answers my question better :p

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This library takes longer than others to build. I don't want to invest time in the dark.

It's an interesting coding exercise, but it doesn't seem to be useful for developers.

I have several libraries to which I have dedicated a lot of time that have not met the hoped-for interest

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All,
Greetings,
In this library, how can I move object by code to certain position or even return the object to original position?
i.e. DD.PosX = xxx or like that.
Thanks, in advance.